Notices

New Member, Long Intro

Old 03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
BTK

I made it a goal of mine this week to cut down on beer regardless of what the doctor says. (He might say I have to quit) Instead of buying 40's I'll buy some 24 oz ones. I think it's just the thought of having a beer and I hope a 24 oz will accomplish the same thing.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
BTK

It's been almost two weeks since my biopsy and I haven't heard anything which probably means its not serious. I been drinking high alcohol content 24 oz (10.5% camo black ice) and it seems to do the trick. But I just want the doctor to call so this can be over with and I know the results. Most of my thoughts are consumed by this (can I have a beer when I get home) and I can't seem to break that cycle.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

What's stopping you from stopping BTK?

Regardless of what your results are, continued drinking is never going to make things better, right?

D
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BTK

The warm happy feeling I get from drinking a beer that gives me a buzz. I know I should quit but it's so hard.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Not to sound rude, but unfortunately, for many, something terrible or drastic has to happen in order for them to quit. I had to have something drastic in my life so that I would quit.

I started out drinking like you. Age 19. I'd start with a forty here and there, then a forty every night (sometimes two), and then as I got older, my tolerance got higher. At the age of 26, I could probably drink an entire bottle of wine, 4 beers, and maybe more. (Heck, I can't remember. I drank A LOT. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in SR drank a lot or they would not be here.)

I also have a medical condition which heavily frowns upon drinking. Nothing like yours; I have epilepsy. If I would drink too much alcohol, the next day, I would have grand-mal seizures. (You can die from those.)

Unfortunately, if you're not going to even TRY to quit, you will one day (and it might not be any time soon) be put in a situation where you are going to think "Omg, what have I done?" Many people have been where you are. Many people have spent their ENTIRE workday dreaming of "beer-thirty." It used to be what consumed my mind, too! I would get off and go to the bar and drink about 6 shots of liquor (in a pretty little cocktail of course.)

It doesn't sound like you want to quit.
You know Ben, no matter what anybody types on here, only you can achieve that willpower within your gut. (Unfortunately, gaining will power through a computer screen is quite difficult.)

Dear God bro! You are young! Get help. Go to AA. Even though your problem might not be as severe as others, it can definitely get there. TRUST ME.

Don't let a car accident, an arrest, or something horrific be your wake up call. (one day)

Best of luck!
Old 03-23-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
BTK

The doctor said I have a fatty liver from alcohol. They want me to do more exercise so I can lose some weight and he said the best thing to do would be to quit alcohol. I am going to look for some AA and tobacco classes around my area.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BTK View Post
The doctor said I have a fatty liver from alcohol. They want me to do more exercise so I can lose some weight and he said the best thing to do would be to quit alcohol. I am going to look for some AA and tobacco classes around my area.
While I am sorry to learn of your fatty liver, I am glad to hear that you are going to take action regarding your drinking. You are so young, very young to have a fatty liver. Heal and STAY healed, BTK.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BTK View Post
Hi BTK, glad you posted an update. You are 23 with IBS in the mix so believe me when I say your doctor has never spoken a truer word. You need to see it for what it is which is a medical directive and then really work on not drinking alcohol. There will be a ton of support here for you in that decision, stick with it x