Notices

Sake to meh

Old 03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Sake to meh

My brain is melting... I drank sake last night on some sort of a blackout spree. My boyfriend was irritated with me to say the least. He said I cracked a raw egg on the dog's food and kept feeding him while continually heating up cups of sake, which I found hidden and scattered throughout the condo in the morning. I am stopping drinking because it has gotten out of control and I'm drinking compulsively. So many bizarre occurrences have sprung out of a bottle of alcohol. I have gotten into so many problems due to alcohol. I do not hate my life, but I wonder what would be different if i never drank.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR!

Why do you think you drink compulsively, and do you expect to have any difficulty giving it up?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Nickels51! Glad your here. You'll find a lot of support on SR.

Just a thought, instead of wondering how different your life would be in you never drank how about thinking about how great your life could be if you stopped! Look to the future, don't live in the past!! Good luck to you.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Nickels!!

It seems like alcohol is starting to affect your life in a negative way, taking alcohol out of the equation might just lead to a happier life!!

You'll find loads of support here!!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Angry

I think i drink compulsively because i drink past the point of knowing that i am drinking. It all starts with one drink, then more. It gets to a point when im so drunk that i do not know that im being compulsive. I am sure there are going to be challenges. I have stopped drinking for short periods of time in the past. During those times, I usually adopted an intense workout regimen whereby i committed myself to being in a dance studio by 6am, so alcohol was never an option. It was either i am keeping my commitment or i am drinking. Come to think of it, i also drink because im theoretically bored. However, there are so many things that i want to do and interests that i long to pursue, but when i get home from work i have about an hour and a half before i am three drinks in and unproductive.

To carve out a future that doesn't include alcohol, it would look like me being active and participating in a variety of hobbies and interests. Sounds great, but why in the world is it so difficult?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Nickels51 View Post
Sounds great, but why in the world is it so difficult?
I found it difficult because I am addicted to alcohol. Part of my brain betrays me and tells me that (despite all of my past experiences to the contrary) next time will be different.

Getting to the dance studio sounds like a very positive and productive way to go. I look forward to reading about your progress!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family.

It's only difficult at first. As you get more sober time it gets easier. You just may need help to get thru the early recovery time. AA or maybe another program, or counseling. Ask for help in stopping. You might also ask your doctor for help in stopping drinking.

There's a lot of support for you here too.