Notices

Anyone here on Suboxone?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone here on Suboxone?

I am in my second week. I'm trying it this way this time as I have chronic pain too. Would like to hear how it affects you...
Old 03-05-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did a very quick 4 day suboxone detox just this week. Saturday was my last shot of dope, I had dropped the methadone two weeks before that. I had to wait about 24 hrs before I could take the first sub, my fiancée saw that by 18 hours I really needed it so he gave it to me early. I took it for three and a half days, last dose was over 24 hours ago and although I'm not feeling fantastic yet, most symptoms are gone. I have been able to eat, walk around somewhat, sleep a few hours a night (with the aid of Valium and powerful sleeping pills). All in all I think suboxone is very doable. It really helped me in the sense that once I'd taken the first one there was no turning back anyway so I don't have to worry about making a decision. I'm getting a naltraxone injection today for that same reason. For reference, I am 34 years old, female, with a 22 year heroin addiction. Until recently I had a 90mg a day methadone habit plus about a gram or so a day of dope injected. So I was expecting the worst and this really wasn't that bad. I've done rehab several times, tried 12-step programs and none of them worked. I even went to mexico and did ******** but this time the difference is that I have a supportive and loving fiancée who hates heroin and who I realized recently that I love more than any drug. I would definitely recommend suboxone but I wouldn't use it long term if at all possible, it has some side effects.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your advice. They have me on a plan where I'll be off in 3 months but honestly these sweats are killing me. I was an opiate woman myself. Getting off 100 mgs of methadone now. Need the fear of suboxone to keep me motivated but these sweats...I dunno.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! We have a special forum for just those kinds of questions. Give it a look.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information