Notices

Newcomer

Old 03-05-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer

Hello everyone. First time here. I want sobriety. I have been drinking everyday for approx. 8 years. My husband has been in recovery for about 20 years and its mind boggling that I now stand where he once was. We both smoke pot regularly. I hate the feeling of drinking now and want recovery. I hate most things in my life and I know that drinking makes it so much worse. I get depressed easily and just need to make a change. I have read some of the threads on here and I think this is an awesome place to begin my recovery.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome, neverimagined, and yes, it is an awesome place xx
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welsom

Welcome and as a new member myself all I can say here that the members here are amazing.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! Good to have you here. Is your husband supportive of your recovery? Mine is not. I was telling a friend earlier that I am sure he would even buy alcohol for me if I asked him to. I think it helps if you have a good support system in place. SR is fantastic.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2bhappier View Post
Welcome! Good to have you here. Is your husband supportive of your recovery? Mine is not. I was telling a friend earlier that I am sure he would even buy alcohol for me if I asked him to. I think it helps if you have a good support system in place. SR is fantastic.
I totally agree. My wife was a social drinker a glass of wine here are there. When I told he I had a problem she said se knew but I was the one who had to see. That day she took all the booze out of the house. Our life has become alcohol free as of yesterday. I do not think I could this early on sit by while she had a glass of wine and I had tea
Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My husband is supportive of me most of the time. He never use to mind me drinking even though he was in recovery. It now has worsened for me and progressed to where I can be very negative and irritable when I drink. He does not like that! I know that it has to be who decides to stop drinking. This seems to be such a great place to start. I have considered a detox or rehab but have no idea how I would survive financially. That keeps me from going.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well you stumbled across a wonderful place where fantastic people will support you. It is amazing to me how connected I feel to people I've never met in person. I get TONS of support and advice and encouragement here and I know you will to. We're in this together, something that I find very helpful.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a very friendly supportive site. I hope we can help you stop drinking for good.