Notices

God shots

Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God shots

This is my second go around in AA.
I am wide open to a spiritual awakening.
I have noticed these "coincidences" for quite some time, since the first time I went in to AA.this time around I've approached the steps much more slowly.
I like to say... I'm happily sitting in step 3, and am happy there.
Some people call these relevant coincidences such as , think inking of a family member then someone on the radio or a street sign will reveal their name at the same time... " god shots" I had a strong one this morning and I can't wait to put this revelation into action... It's too early in the morning to get on the phone.
I believe it's time to move forward with my steps, I've been very patient.
The god shots are gently letting me know it's time to move forward...I don't think it's my controll, just an organic evolution.
I'm starting this morning with 29 days and have all intention to sleep tonight sober.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

God shot2

I was waiting until after my last post to read my daily reflection.... That's what I'm talking about!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never been to AA but I do think you would enjoy the book "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.

It did my soul a world of good.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 29 days sober!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nice post.

I recently had some very tangible, vivid experiences with simply asking for signs and being shown them....

I don't subscribe to the notion of "God" as most religions seem to define it, though I do generally and vaguely believe in some guiding, unifying force moving in all things.

And, have experienced that force directly in my life.... hence my belief.

It's interesting that - even though I have had these firsthand experiences - I still bristle and resist the term "God". This is primarily because of the way that religion has foisted it's various perspective on me, the way's I've seen religion twist and manipulate the simple, fundamental message of Spirit for its own ends, and the hypocrisy I have experienced in many so-called 'religious' people.

I wish we could all take away doctrine and live Spiritually in the simplest way possible; each of us connecting to that divine force that we all have the ability to commune with, in our own ways...

Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

God shots

God as we see him. My atheist vegan yoga teaching AA enthusiast father in law sais to his kids.... If you feel you need to go to aa , get your ass in there, if your too stubborn with the concept of god or Christianity... Just ad a "o" and call it "good"
Old 03-04-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
nice post.

I recently had some very tangible, vivid experiences with simply asking for signs and being shown them....

I don't subscribe to the notion of "God" as most religions seem to define it, though I do generally and vaguely believe in some guiding, unifying force moving in all things.

And, have experienced that force directly in my life.... hence my belief.

It's interesting that - even though I have had these firsthand experiences - I still bristle and resist the term "God". This is primarily because of the way that religion has foisted it's various perspective on me, the way's I've seen religion twist and manipulate the simple, fundamental message of Spirit for its own ends, and the hypocrisy I have experienced in many so-called 'religious' people.

I wish we could all take away doctrine and live Spiritually in the simplest way possible; each of us connecting to that divine force that we all have the ability to commune with, in our own ways...

+ 1,000,000

I, too, have had so many messages/signs/experiences that do make me believe that there is some sort of force that is greater than myself that looks out for me. Sometimes I call it God because that is an easily-enough definable term that most people would understand. However, it is not a Christian God - I just use that word interchangeably/instead of "Universe" or Great Spirit" or "Infinite Wisdom" or "Divine" or whatever else can put some sort of name on something that really is undefinable and unexplainable.

I do love those serendipitous moments, though. They always make me smile.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hate the term God shots, but whatever. Typical AA jargon imho. But I do believe in the concept of grace, and serendipitous events, and have experienced this during my own recovery.