Notices

Working out question

Old 03-04-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forghetti35 View Post
No soreness. I alternate days on pulling and pushing for upper body. I alternate legs and core every other. I also do cardio every other as a regimen. Don't feel sore. Just perfectly fatiguedfor muscle growth and recovery. The feeling of obsession which makes me an alcoholic, is present in my workouts. Reminds me of my addictive personality
This is you being honest with yourself.

Acknowledging it is good.

I had a friend who got sober, decided to lose weight, walked TEN MILES on his first day, got a stress fracture in his leg, and went back to drinking.

Just saying that this disease is tricky.

Working out is GREAT. Everything (except drinking) in moderation.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Achieving something difficult requires at least a modest level of obsession, I believe. As long as my gym numbers go up and I am not getting injured frequently I don't worry. I also have a trainer who would advise me if I started getting crazy with routines.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I usually go to the gym 5 times a week, spending around 2 and a half hours each time, doing mainly cardio, but also some weights. Nothing like working up a good sweat. But working out 5 hours a day sounds a little excessive to me. Frankly, I have wondered if I am addicted to the gym, but I really don't care. I still get other things done that I need to. As you know, there are so many benefits to working out, not just physical, but mental. It's a great distraction, calms me down, and makes me feel like I'm succeeding at something. Working out is a big part of my recovery, just as important as meetings or SR. There have been times that I quit drinking, partially because I missed going to the gym!! Go figure.