Notices

struggling today

Old 03-03-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

struggling today

Day 16, watched oscars last night and it is usually a big drinking night for me. I enjoyed them to the end for the first time. Got my kids off to school, crawled back into bed and woke up (by my husband coming home) at 11.45!!! Ugh! Feel horrible, woke up nauseaus again, like a truck hit me. I am emotionally tired and very weepy. I feel like a failure and don't know how long I can endure feeling this physically bad. It's wearing on me big time. Just crying today. Feel broken.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

16 days is not the mark of a failure, far from it, it's gonna take time for all the withdrawals to subside, but they will and you'll begin to feel better as time goes on!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Friend-

And i say this with love, start moving. The very best thing you can do for yourself after you get out of bed each morning is to make that bed. Don't allow yourself to get back in, it. One of the questions i ask myself each morning as I wake up is this..... "Is this what i was put on the earth to do, lie in this bed all day, or to make something of my life?"

That usually does the trick
Old 03-03-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RaleighSoxFan

You are just releasing all the toxins and addictive residuals. Power through! You are proving you are stronger than you know. Things are going to get way better for you and your family! People recover al the time from addiction, why can't you be 1? You deserve sobriety! You have a family! You deserve to be happy! And yes......you CAN do this!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

EJ - You are not broken. Our bodies have a lot of healing to do. More than that, our minds are in recovery, and replacing all our addictive behaviors with new ones is hard work. I'm a mother. As moms, we have to divide our energy between our recovery and our families. It's ok to be tired. I'm more tired than I've been in my entire adult life.

You spent a night doing a triggering activity while staying sober with only 16 days of sobriety under your belt. That is exhausting. It's ok for us to sleep.

I had the day off today. I woke up, sent the kids to school, exercised, cooked - then laid in bed napping on and off for two hours. I set a limit to the time I could spend resting because there are things I wanted to accomplish today. Do I want to spend two hours sleeping? No, but I know that I need to while I heal.

We can do this. Let's rally!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It took me about 3 weeks to get over those feelings. I didn't feel good, aches & pains I never knew I had, emotionally a wreck, etc. It does get better. I still have bad days where I'm really depressed, but it's due to a situation rather than alcohol. Hang in there and keep pushing forward. You'll be glad you did!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi EJ43
if you're feeling bad, have you considered seeing a Dr?

it's always possible this is not withdrawal related at all?

D
Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with Dee. After 16 days you shouldn't still be going thru withdrawal. I'd see your doctor for a checkup.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day was very challenging, but accomplished more than I anticipated and basically made it to the end. Hoping for better day tomorrow, gonna get the old iPod fired up and set a walking plan....wishing bitter cold would pass soon....