Notices

Acceptance

Old 03-02-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes liss ~ "a sober life full of goodness".

Lovely. ♥♥♥

V xx
Old 03-02-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

1stepup and Liss, you’re both still here and that shows that you aren’t defeated. Take what you have learned over the past year and use it to defend your sobriety. View your sobriety like a rare gift, one that can’t be taken from you but can be given away in a moment of weakness. Each time we give it away, it loses a little bit of the awesomeness that captivated us when we first received it. Like an infant, at times the constant attention and care it requires can be overwhelming, but after a decent night’s sleep, we awaken with renewed hope and inspiration.

I too relapsed last year and it took me another six months of self-abuse before I gathered the determination to fight for my sobriety again. I am here with you, taking it one day at a time. It’s so wonderful to see you here too. Many from last year’s February class have disappeared, and I think of them often and hope that they well.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello Odelle

I am so glad you are here!!! And I love what you said; this is a rare gift. We must treasure it. I too am sad that we lost so many from our Feb 13 class. I think of them, and hope they are OK. And I hope that they come back.

Love V xx
Old 03-02-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm happy to be back, Venus, and I am so proud of you and the growth you have accomplished with over a year of sobriety. I hope you don't mind, but I think I'll follow your footsteps. Sending you waves of love via the internet!