Notices

Hit rock bottom

Old 03-01-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. This site has been a greatsource of support and strength for me. I found the monthly class very helpful-the March one is open now
Old 03-01-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome and yes, you can do it xxxxxx
Old 03-01-2014, 02:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Forghetti35, I'll be following your progress and cheering you on.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Greetings Forghetti.

For what it's worth (something that works.) Jack Trimpey's "Rational Recovery". I can, and 10's of thousands can - testify. On Amazon.
Floyd.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
RaleighSoxFan

Thank you all so much for the hope you've given me in such a hort period of time. I'm definitely seeing I will not have to do it alone.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You can walk with your head held high, no need to cower and walk looking down at the road, not looking into anyones eyes because of shame or guilt.
That is what AA can help you with.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

welcome..... you CAN do this. It certainly sounds like you've got yourself plenty of evidence in support of the statement "I am BETTER OFF sober".

I have had two DUIs and that is more than enough for me. That said - even after those two DUIs and a 6 month effort at sobriety; I STILL went back out and decided it was all good and I had things under control.

Well - my 'field research' led me to the conclusion I definitely didn't have things under control. Thank god it didn't take a third DUI (an automatic Felony here...) or a fatal accident to figure that out. This time, I am putting in the effort I didn't the first time around and this time - I am not allowing myself the slightest romantic notion of "someday maybe". Instead I am doing the work and fully embracing a new life's vision; that of a sober man's path and all the goodness and benefit that can bring to me - and to the world. In truth, the world needs more sobriety. The world needs more examples of the joy and beauty and wonder that is LIFE.... pure and simple and without the haze of booze.

You CAN do this and just keep on focusing on that, as well as every single GOOD thing about sobriety that you can think of, observe or experience. Do the work. Embrace the vision of YOU as a sober man.... picture that man every day; out from under all of this pain and darkness and standing in the light of life's Joy - admired and loved from within by Self and Spirit, looked up to and loved by others.....

These things will all unfold, beginning right NOW.

Keep at it.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You sound like you are determined and you have a lot of support here.! Welcome and keep posting, this community has a LOT to do with me getting and staying sober. I celebrated a year yesterday and I couldn't have done with this group of friends!!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
RaleighSoxFan

Thanks again for everything guys! today has been a good one so far! Off to finish my workout. See u in chat later ppl!