Notices

1st post

Old 02-28-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st post

Hi. I decided to join this site since I like to drink. Vodka is my choice of drink. I've been feeling the February blues and just couldn't take it anymore. I'm in my late 30's, no job, living at home, no friends, and feeling bored out of my mind all day. So I have been binge drinking these last couple of weeks. I also applied for jobs at a temp agency recently and they never called me for any job. This triggered my latest episode.

Last night was the worst I've felt, actually I ended up crying because my relative is sick and won't live much longer. I felt so depressed, it was horrible. I was really drunk and had thoughts of ending my life.

Then this morning I woke up at 5:30am, and I couldn't sit still. Had to walk around for long time. I was a nervous wreck, feeling emotional waves that were tough to ride. As a matter of fact I have done a lot of walking today, been at it for a few hours, dunno why I couldn't stay still, is this due to nerves? My hands were shaking too a lot today, felt like a wreck.

I hope to find some loving support here, I really need it.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im with you whopper, im not sleeping after coming down from my last week long binge, the anxiety and panic is horrible, things will get better for us hour by hour. Im in a similar position to you, i missed some important appointments due to the drinking and ive got the stress of the outcome of that on my mind. I hate what alcohol has done to me. I wish you well friend, keep posting and we'll get through this nightmare.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi whopper,

sorry you're having such a hard time. This is a great site, the people are very supportive. Sorry about your depression, I know that is tough.

Are you able to think about volunteering a little bit? Even one day a week. It can be tough, but maybe give you something external to commit to. Some temp agencies are better than others. Manpower is reasonable in Canada. Don't know where you are.

Sorry not sure if this is helpful or not, just wanted to reach out and say hi, you're not alone, and just take one step, one bit at a time.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a very supportive site. I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Whopper - you'll certainly find support here

I'm sorry for your relative...it's hard to deal with life sober when we're not used to feeling or dealing with hard situations...but it gets better...you're not alone here

D
Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Whopper. You have a lot going on. This is a great site for support. Keep coming here. Are you planning to quit drinking alcohol? I've found that when I was down my drinking only made it worse and the anxiety of withdrawing makes it even worse on top of that.

You came to the right place.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello whopper ,
Bestwishes, m
Old 02-28-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, SR is a great place for support. Glad you are here.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

This is the right place @ the right time. I always try to remember that when I'm down to nothing(which I am except for clothes), God's upto something! Hang in there & go to aa mtgs if possible. My family has been very supportive since they began seeing the changes of being in recovery
Old 03-01-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome whopper. Loads of support here xxxxxx
Old 03-01-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome whopper
Old 03-01-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey, you came to the right place. I just did my 24 hours yesterday and everyone on this site helped me through it. I stayed on all day until I was so tired I had to lay down. This group can really help you. You should try to get to an AA meeting if you can also I'm going to rely on both to keep me sober. Good luck my friend. I'm at almost 38 hours sober. A minute at a time works best
Diana