Notices

Breaking Bad and Rehab

Old 02-28-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Breaking Bad and Rehab

I'm on my way to rehab this weekend, but I've been watching alot of Breaking Bad in the meantime (its awesome for anyone who hasnt watched it. Whatever kind of program you're into - reality tv, sci-fi, drama, anything, just watch it)

But its really made me think. The main guy Walter has really diplomatic ways of saying things and expressing his feelings. I want to be like too.

The amount of times I say things just to please other people is numerous.

And this will be my second rehab now.

I don't need a reply I just wanted to say. None of us should be pushed around or made to feel bad.

If you feel good you feel good.

If you feel bad thats the way you feel.

If you're unsure you're entitled to feel unsure.

And family, friends need to support you on that, hell life isnt easy. I've been through 3 jobs, but its wasnt through lack of trying - it was because I was never honest.

Being honest is so important - we all appreciate honesty. We need to be honest with everyone else.

Even if its drugs or alcohol (especially alcohol because you need to taper you cant just stop)

Just be honest, how else can we get better?

And however you feel - never let anyone tell you its wrong. Its your life. You're living it, and whatever you need to do to get by is what you need to do.

Thats all I guess I have to say. I'm scared about rehab but I'm looking forward to feeling better and building my life back, and hopefully coming back here (I'm not allowed a laptop for afew months but I'll be on here as soon as I can)

I hope I've tried to be helpful, and someone might get some hope from my message.

Rebecca x
Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan and am now watching the Fifth season. It's easy to see how the drugs affect each and every person on the show, whether or not they actually use drugs themselves or not. I also love the beauty of the desert, the colors, the textures, all of it. What a beautiful place!

I also like Walter's concise way of speaking. Like you, I have tried to be careful with words I use. I used to just say whatever was on my mind and I have learned (slowly but surely) to think first and then speak.

I wish you well at rehab and please keep in touch.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Wishing you all the very best for rehab, Lavender. It could be the start of a whole new way of life for you
Old 02-28-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Take advantage of all the resources that rehab has to offer. Learn as much as you can to start your sobriety out right.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with rehab Lavender - we're all with you