Notices

I feel like I am loosing it

Old 02-25-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like I am loosing it

I have been struggling with my addiction, trying to deal with it in separate ways. But I think my problem is that I am not in charge of my life. Every other week my kids are with me, meaning I stay more or less sober, do all the parenting stuff and nothing else, every other week I live with my boyfriend, trying to meet his needs. I am never going to make this without time for myself. And this is really hard to explain to someone who loves me but does not understand the problem. I know I have to do something, I have friends supporting me, and I have to "disappoint" my boyfriend by being selfish. He has no experience with addiction, he sees I have a problem but thinks I can moderate. I have never felt so alone in my life. I donīt know what to do.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Laura, you gotta be honest with him, he needs to accept that you "can't moderate" and that's not how addiction works, this may sound harsh but he's either supporting you or he's making the problem worse.

The principle I have learnt in my own journey is we need to cling to the things that help and support our Sobriety, the things that help us to remain Sober, people unfortunately play a big factor in changing a lifestyle from one that was spent drinking, to one now that doesn't facilitate consuming alcohol.

You need to look after YOU first, your needs are the priority at this time as addiction is not something to take lightly!! . . . It can be done though, and there are so many people here that have come up against the same obstacles that you can lean on for support!!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with PK Laura - your bf may not understand...but you do - do whats best for you

D