Notices

Hour 51...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hour 51...

Well, I am on the very beginning of day three...I so need this to work and I desperately want it to be the last time I "try" to quit! I am worried about withdrawl symptoms...am I still in the woods for a seizure? I didn't have any shakes, sweats, nausea...just anxiety.
If anyone can give me some advice please, I am open to all and any suggestions!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you start feeling bad go see a doctor. Withdrawal is usually over in several days, the physical part, anyway.

I hope the support you find her can help you stop drinking for good.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you...and bark on!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes, see your doctor if you start to feel too sickly xxx
Old 02-25-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting through this.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have soo much guilt, pain, and loathe myself! I just keep hanging on to the hope that I can be a normal, good mother again....I feel that I have lost my kids(19 and 21) forever. It seems as if every good year I had as a real and present mother has been lost forever. I would give my life for them and I am praying that this really is it!!! This has to be the time I make through this incideous disease!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Those awful feelings will subside with sobriety - you will be able to be the person you want to be. It's hard but worth it!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

day 3 is still tough, but you should over the physical portion of detox. if things get really rough, there's always help.

you have to get through the next few days, and things will turn around. i too have a lot of experience with this dark place
Old 02-25-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Randummy

So glad you've made this decision to stop. It'll be worth it! I'm on day four and I do feel significantly better than I did yesterday.
Anxiety is okay, just don't try to fight it. I have an anxiety disorder and my best recommendations are to stay warm, have a hot bath for as long as you can, watch something funny and if you wake up in the night panicky, get up and watch something funny again. I'm loving comedies at the moment which is unlike me!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

tlmich -
Your days to be a good mother to them are NOT over. They will need you throughout their whole lives. It's never too late to change. And - once they see the change in you, you will not only be fully and truly there for them, but you will be setting a great example of what it means to live life fully.

You can do it - the beginning is always the hardest part - but it's kind of like recovering from surgery...every day gets a bit better, a bit easier, a bit more yourself.

Please keep posting!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome tlmich

None of us are Drs - if you feel concerned please do seek medical help

D
Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all!!!! I have felt so alone in this battle cause I don't have health insurance(and am so very humiliated). And my boyfriends though is to "just don't drink."
I really need a good base of friends...and a sponsor.
I have to go now cause my boyfriend is home and I have to make his dinner and give him all my attention. So, I will make a post tomorrow...thank you all so much and if I can ask for all the prayers possible...please...I want to be whole again and show my children that they can count on me...always!
Bless you all!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support, it has been so very long for this serene potential. I need very much for this positive support and prayers. I want to be a role model not only for my kids, but possibly for someone else with the same issue.