Notices

Slipping

Old 02-23-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slipping

Back in full swing can't seem to stop
Old 02-23-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that it's so difficult for some. Some of us need to explore different methods before we give up. Perhaps a detox AND a rehab might help. I remember when I was living in that mode mostly because of being undisciplined and not suffering well. I kept trying until I became sick and tired of being sick and tired and surrendered to the fact I could not drink in safety.

BE WELL
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can so relate with that. First tried getting sober in 2011, lasted 3 months. Went back to drinking and smoking pot before long, and it had me just as bad as before.... wasn't until I created some more wreckage and destroyed my life even more then before that I was hurting enough to stop again.. I sincerely hope you find the strength to stop before something similar happens to you. Keep posting and browsing. And jump in chat if you want, good people in there right now
Old 02-23-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

What do you think the problem is Liss - I know you're an alcoholic but you've stayed sober before

are things bad at home?

do you have other medical issues - depressed or anxious?

are you ashamed to call people for help?

are you having problems admitting that alcohol is not a solution?

Are you avoiding something, some problem, by drinking?

If you can ask and answer those kinds of question, you might find it easier to work out a solution?

wishing you the best liss - believe in yourself

D
Old 02-23-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

I wish I could wave a magic wand for all of us and make this drinking problem go away.. Dee has some great questions and advice for you. I hope you can stop..
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Liss, I think understand somewhat.

You might be stuck in catch 22. If I stop I will feel like hell, I feel like hell now.

Please remember that taking the jump into sobriety is scary, won't feel good at first but as you know you will start feeling better pretty fast.

Maintaining sobriety is the key. You know deep down how to do this?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I agree with Dee...what was the trigger? Try to recall the thought, the place, the feeling that made to listen to the AV in your mind that took contol away from you and made you weak. Tell us what happened...
Old 02-23-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh Liss...I so wish I could think of the right words to say to you now...

Just remember, there are many of us that have been caught in this cycle...I've been around SR for a couple of years now and I've walked side by side with people who have relapsed over and over but never gave up trying. And there are so many wonderful success stories, sometimes on this Newcomers thread it's easy to forget that because most here are facing early struggles.

I totally believe you can do this..perhaps it's time for you to do something you haven't tried before? Some f2f or inpatient? Counselling? Is there something blocking you making progress here?

You need to believe there is hope. Because there is. Ok?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
shi

slipping, relapse is all a part of recovery. i have fallen sooooo many times. only problem is that each time i fell, slipped, relapsed..... the end result was worse than before. finally, i lost all my documents (degree, high school diploma, id,etc) and in africa it is impossible to get these documents redone and i was raped twice in 6 months. sooo, finally i have seen that this alcohol is just getting me into a deeper hole. there is no fun anymore. plizzzzz dont wait till u get this low or even lower. just do wot i have done: stand up, brush em shoulders n jump the rope to sobriety. im now 3 weeks sober, have been able to stay smokefree too for 11 days; it feels like 2 yrs. n if i can do it, u can too. u r loved n u r not alone.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep trying sweetie xxxxx
Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's your choice Liss. You can choose to get help and put all your efforts into recovery, or you can choose to drink. I chose drinking many times over sobriety and the result were not good. What have you not tried yet?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You can do this, Liss. You may need to do it differently, but you can get sober again. I like Dee's questions.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Liss, you can stop, you really can. But, the longer the drinking goes on, the harder it will be to stop. Please take care of yourself.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I know what it's like to have a bad day. But keep trying.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

slipping, relapse is all a part of recovery

I beg to differ. Relapse is part of addiction, not recovery. Altho most of us don't succeed the first attempt, relapsing is going back into addiction, not forward into recovery.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Liss?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Been there, done that. Come on back to us when you're ready.

Be safe.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your encouraging words to Liss, they are helping me too. I've been sober 53 days, today being the 54th. I have been struggling for the last two weeks, every day, almost all day long. I am so irritable, angry and I have lost my optimistic view of an alcohol free future. Logically i know i don't want alcohol but i don't want to live so full of this ugliness either. Trying to focus on improvng myself, my health, my life...but i really want to throw in the towel and have some "fun", even if its false fun, the lie of alcohol. Tried escaping in movies, walking the dogs, reading, even eating, nothing is working. I want to grow and learn, understand why i am feeling this way so i can address it properly, but i can't seem to figure it out. Instead of progressing i feel i am just soldiering through, and about to wave the white flag.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Liss, please let us know you are ok. Really it is worrying me.

Living it up, if I could get past that thought of "missing out on fun" I think that would be half the battle won, also the thought of that "lovely numb feeling". I know both of them are false, temporary feelings. Anyone got any suggestions on this?
Old 02-23-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Goldcoast, you nailed it! I have been mentally trying to get that 'insulated' or 'checked out' feeling. Being physically present, but removed. It hasn't worked and i now just want to escape the struggle and seriousness of it all by having that 'fun'.