Notices

This throws a curve

Old 02-23-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

To GreenAcres,

I agree with what others have written....being sober will give you a clear perspective and then just ask him. If you feel he is not being truthful, consider couples counseling. If you want help with your drinking then you are already in the right place. AA is also available to you. You need to take care of yourself to take the drinking out of the mix as someone said earlier. Best of luck to you Green.

Last edited by Ipanema; 02-23-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Changed My Mind
Old 02-23-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

you already have enough 'evidence' it sounds like to me. You have emails, and you have him lying about it.

That's sufficient right there.

If he's not willing to even come clean and work with you on what needs to happen to rebuild (if that can even happen) - then finding MORE evidence is only redundant and only going to cause you more pain and eat into the energy you could use toward your sobriety and wellness and being there for your child.

If your husband is truly willing to come clean and do whatever it takes to TRULY repair - you will know it in your gut. If he's not.... you'll know that too.

Don't torture yourself.... focus on your wellness.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi GreenAcres,

I also agree with some of the comments above. Is monitoring him secretly really a good way to be more open about and (hopefully) sort out the problems with him? Perhaps if you focused on yourself a bit and got some sober time, you would also think differently about possible approaches and solutions? Just my thoughts...