Notices

I nearly died Friday night

Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
shi

time to start a new page of ur life. best part is ur not the only 1 in the whole world going thru this. we all are. so if others are staying sober, why cant u and I? yes we can. wot caught my attention is that u still got a job, at the bank. you havent lost everything yet. soooo, dont loose any more ok?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome wow this is scary indeed you may well need outside help a swell as this support forum it's at a serious point now you are worth living do all you can to stay sober sweety good luck
Old 02-23-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My girls are with their father and have been since Friday morning - lucky they missed that horrendous episode. Social services have already been informed as hospital said they had a legal right to inform them of the situation which is fair enough. I have a good relationship with their father as do they so they are staying with him until I get well and back from Scotland which is tough for me but what good am I to them now so am taking it each day as it comes for now. I keep logging on here and reading which is helping me not drink today. My partner is home in an hour so going to keep busy and not think about that shop 3 minutes away from my home..........
Old 02-23-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm still an assistant branch manager believe it or not!! I have drank at work though, not enough for it to be noticed though and been with them for 7 yrs so since I've only been in this state for about a year my previous reputation has kept me through my rougher moments I think. I hate the poison that is alcohol and hate myself even more when I've succumbed to it in the past.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Start trying to nurture yourself take a bath paint your nails , face mask love yourself nurture you and your vessel your one and only body , this helps me not want to abuse my self with alcohol xxxxx
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through that, and it sounds like you've got a good attitude now. It's hard to stop drinking, but you can do it and be the person and the mother you want to be.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by swindon32 View Post
Yeah I'm still an assistant branch manager believe it or not!! I have drank at work though, not enough for it to be noticed though and been with them for 7 yrs so since I've only been in this state for about a year my previous reputation has kept me through my rougher moments I think. I hate the poison that is alcohol and hate myself even more when I've succumbed to it in the past.
No offense, but "only a year" is actually a long time to be drinking at work and being in a bad state. I was like you, had 9 years with my company but "only one bad year". That year was my last. And, like you, I ended up in hospital due to drinking. Took me two separate ambulance rides to quit.

If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is. Can you go to a treatment center, a clinic, an AA meeting...anything? I know it doesn't sound fun but I think you have to face the facts and realize that it's needed. This is serious business.

I'm glad you survived your near-death experience from alcoholism. I urge you to get help, now.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm glad your children are safe and living with their father. This gives you a perfect opportunity to get and stay sober. Look and get support now for when you feel better and want to get to the shop. Do this for your children-tell yourself if you don't get sober you may not get them back at all. Even if their father agrees to let them move back in with you social services may not allow it unless you can show them you are staying sober. It really is that serious. Please stick around SR-this place is a great source of support and strength
Old 02-23-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I went through something similar. Be very vigilant about your commitment to not drink again. I did, 6 weeks after I was rushed to the hospital, and I can't honestly remember WHY or what went through my mind, but I did drink again, and spiraled downhill again in a matter of weeks. Please get some help to prevent that! I'm so happy you're ok!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks Sombrero - I need that kick up the bum regularly. I've got hosp in the morning and today I don't want to drink so I'm holding onto to that for now. My back pain and headache is wearing off a little. Craving the sweets though and am starving! Snuggled on the couch right now watching The Face USA x
Old 02-23-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get help to stop drinking for good.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Thank you for sharing this. You may have saved my life today.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by swindon32 View Post
Hi all, I was a member a few years ago but never got past day 3. Things got a lot worse and after drinking a bottle of wine in 10mins flat ( because my dp was coming home) he found me unconscious on the bathroom floor and hardly breathing. Lucky for me he rang an ambulance and they "jump started" me back. My oesophagus had collapsed and my body gave up. I'm 34 (just) with 2 children who were with their dad for the weekend luckily. I haven't drank since but struggling. I hope I can do this!! That friend by the way I'd already had 2vodkas and half a bottle of wine before the bottle! It was 5pm. My father died when he was 24 of liver failure. Thanks for listening.
Yeah, I figured when I read it was only a bottle of wine that is was more then that. See we like to minimize, it wasnt that bad, I just had ONE bottle of wine. That is exactly why most DUI'ers say I only had 2 drinks.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Same thing happen to me only my esophagus narrowed. Could not eat for months. Wonder what does this with drinking. Glad your ok!