Notices

Unsupportive spouse

Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Unsupportive spouse

First time posting. I am a opiate addict. I am an alcoholic when I don't have my opiates. I am young. Second time in recovery. 10 yrs ago as a teen I abused everything. Sober for 3 years. Drinking turned ugly. My second marriage turned ugly. I started opiates for an injury and couldn't stop. For 2 years I have been a hardcore opiate user. I'm functional but not really "present". I have huge guilt for what I've done around and to my kids. Lying to my husband who never knew I was high. As well as my family. He started problems in our marriage and of course I turn to booze then when I found the pills I was in heaven. It turned to hell. Now I'm going to an inpatient program in a couple days. My husband is sober always has been. He continues to curse at me fight with me get mad I go to AA says it's a choice etc etc. how do I make it the next 2 days without using or losing my mind and temper?! Please help
Me
Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am in so much emotional pain from him that going away is because to be away from him (my main trigger) is essential.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Opiaddict

I'm glad to hear you;re going to treatment - I think that's a great decision.
I'm sorry your husband is cursing and fighting with you.

That's definitely something to look at, but probably when you come out of treatment.
For the next little while I'd try focus on you, and use the support here if things get too much at home over the next couple of days.

Feel free to join our Class of February support thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-2.html

D
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Opiates are the exact same thing as booze. So you have a co-dependancy and enabling issues, which is normal. Your husband should try alanon. The family is just as sick as the user.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Please post here as much as you need to. There is always someone here to lend some support.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We also have a forum just for substance abusers. Give it a look.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Thank you so much everyone. He refuses to go to Al Anon. I've been in outpatient for the past 3 weeks and go to meetings constantly and he doesn't ask me one question about any of it. He ignores me most of the time until recently he is just so mean and so vile and so hurtful. Im trying to stay home as less as possible so Im not around him until I go away. Now hes threatening not to take me to the facility. Trying to stay busy .... I already relapsed bc I cant deal with him. Im counting down the days until I go away.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I hope the treatment works for you, then perhaps when you get yourself together you can re evaluate your relationship with a clear mind.xxxx
Old 02-22-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
Opiates are the exact same thing as booze. So you have a co-dependancy and enabling issues, which is normal. Your husband should try alanon. The family is just as sick as the user.
That's food for thought, Matt. xxx
Old 02-22-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I don't know your whole story but wow, I would think he would be flipping out with our joy. I don't get it.