Notices

Take no prisoners .. stay sober weekend thread! Feb 21-23.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I love love love the fact that lily order bacon to ward off a craving.
Bacon will also take at least 3 strokes off your golf game, make you a better public speaker, improve portfolio returns, and increases bedroom prowess.

So what will I be having today? You guessed it - another sober day, sunny side up, and a side of delicious, nutritious BACON!!! #nomnomnom
Old 02-23-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Checking in on Sunday morning from my familiar spot in McDonalds. Have a restful day, everybody!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Night all heading to bed on a late Sunday night. Feeling exhausted enough to actually sleep. I'm all baconed out and caught up on my tv show. Another day sober, feeling good about that. One day at a time
Old 02-23-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

so the weekend idea was if you get a craving reach for the bacon...I have no problem with that except the bacon doesn't materialize in front of me very often...and I like mine almost burnt. But I do love the idea.
Made it through Game night last night booze free, it was a breeze...difficult strategy games need brain power for, that helps.
This morning I teach two back to back cycling classes and then a barre class. I should be good and tired and then back home to work the garden...its stupid warm here in the SW its just wrong but it feels so good.
then into pj's to watch some Olympic Ice hockey and then off to bed. This was a great weekend posting - thanks for the extra laughs to get through the tougher times. Funny is the new...you know.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Happy Sober Sunday Friends! We are on the HSS sobriety!

Had an excellent time at The Pixies concert last night. I sure was glad to have a seat in the balcony when I saw a couple MOSH PITS break out on the floor! I am really enjoying attending shows clean and sober but most people there were drinking and smoking pot.

They didn't pat folks down at the door and the guy in front of me snuck in a couple bottles of beer and a half pint of something. I remember those days but it is so EXCELLENT to remember the show and be able to stay in my seat instead of heading to the bar or bathroom.

Hope you all enjoy your sunday... time for the Daytona 500!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi all! I, too, stayed sober this weekend. My 6th sober weekend, and it continues to feel wonderful!!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey folks! Very tired and heading to bed. Night!

K
Old 02-23-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hello Sober Weekenders!
I missed the whole thread this weekend. I was up in the mountains and internet service was sketchy at best.
But I had a great time....sober of course.
I went sledding and took a long walk thru the trees, watched the helicopter take off and land about ten times, taking explosives to the top to make man made avalanches. I began knitting a hat, worked on my sketching. It was a nice weekend, but I am glad to be home.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

No cooking from Olive this weekend. I made up for it in the end. I made some almond biscotti using some almond paste that I had bought and couldn't figure a use for. A chocolate bundt cake to use up the buttermilk I bought and some ancient cocoa powder, and am now simmering the remains of last weeks pot roast and gravy to make beef and noodles. A very hodge podge of food. Now I have to fight the kids into bed. A sober weekend. I took no prisoners and didn't become one myself. Ah, off to battle with work tomorrow. I always feel I am tilting at windmills at work.

Tomorrow is a new day! Carpe diem!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

That sounds great ruby!

Yeah! Another weekend down. Ready for a very busy work week.

Thanks everyone for a really great weekend thread. Had a lot of fun!

Monday through Friday are just days ending in Y like Friday Saturday and Sunday so if you stayed sober any or all of those days then this week is also possible.

Next Friday will start a new weekender thread!

K
Old 02-24-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I like the word Bacon-y.
I wanted to add that I have seen the bacon cup mold and am also interested and repulsed too.
I cant remember but didnt someone take a picture of bacon weaving therapy in early sobriety?
Thanks Weasey. I have a busy week too, ttys, hang in, hang out, and getting up sober is a plus for any day.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

First mini victory - weekend away with a group of (drinking) friends and I didn't even want to touch a drop. I came armed with my "I'm having a dry February" excuse, which nobody questioned (too much!), and enjoyed some yummy non-alcoholic drinks all weekend. I'd brought some fruity fizzy waters with me, which I poured over ice in a short glass, and nobody was any the wiser that it wasn't a vodka tonic and it wasn't an issue at all. I felt like I had just as good a time as if I'd been drinking, but the difference was I remembered all the conversations, could gauge people's moods better, could relate to my friends better, enjoy the food, the fresh country air and every minute of the day, have a peaceful night's sleep and wake up hangover-free!

I didn't feel boring or like I didn't have anything interesting to contribute or that I wasn't having fun, and was laughing so much all weekend I probably had MORE fun than if I'd been drinking!

Well done to everyone else who enjoyed a sober weekend, and cheers to no more hangovers!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I absolutely love hearing stories like yours! It really is inspiring to read that you were fully present in the party and had a great time sober. Isn't is wonderful to enjoy your friends without having to be intoxicated?!!!!And the memories are there to recall. It makes the moments so much more gratifying. Good for you!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

well, I made it two of the three days.. guess I'm the only one who didn't make it through. So, I'll be working today and the next days to get through the next weekend. Will be looking forward to the thread.. Thanks everyone!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by sunshinescooby View Post
I'll be working today and the next days to get through the next weekend.
Instead of planning to survive the misery, perhaps you could plan for having some fun. Find something you LIKE to do.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Sunshine.... I think lots don't make it but it's not about highlighting anyone's miss steps. It's very brave for you to say you miss a day. Other hide. I know I use to hide.

Congrats on the two days you did stay sober! Wonderful!!!