Notices

Customer Service (ugghh)

Old 02-21-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LooseGrip View Post
I work in a law firm. I am supposed to be an experienced, professional paralegal, but because the economy sucks and employers are not hiring and having 1 person do the job of 3, I also possess the title of secretary and receptionist and my desk is in the front of the office so I get the pleasure of greeting and assisting our potential clients. I also speak with them on the phone, schedule appointments, etc. Sometimes I find myself getting so impatient and irritated with people. I will get worked up over why it takes someone 10 minutes to make an appointment over the phone. They will ask me to hold on while they look at their schedule, ponder the best day, call their Mother and ask her opinion etc. etc. ask me a million questions that are answered by the attorney when they come in and all the while I'm thinking..."Are you serious??" I feel like they should be somewhat prepared before they call and know what days and times they are available. Anyway, I had a man like that call me yesterday and when I finally got his appointment made for (today), I think my blood pressure was really elevated. I, like most people, have too much work to do and these long interruptions are really stressful. Anyway, he came into the office just now for his appointment and was rude and demanding. I wont go into details just say that my co-workers agreed and had similar experiences with him on the phone when he called before. Instead of losing my cool, I sort of turned it into a game and spoke to him like he was "special". I raised my voice as if he were hearing impaired and spoke really slowly. Is this bad? It did help me to keep my cool.
Well you do work in a service industry, you chose it, and it takes skill to work with problem customers. So when a problem arises you have to have the knowledge and skill to work with it and solve the issue. With the scheduling issue all you say is call back when you made up your mind. Very simple isnt it. But we all like to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Or the lawyer questions, just say if you have any questions regard legal issues that is for your lawyer not me. Simple. I laugh when I hear people now in line ups and what they say.