Notices

need to dump the rest

Old 02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

yup- definitely feeling it. And now I feel like an *******. I can't go to my sponsors house buzzed.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you only drank 2 shots you should be fine in 2 hours. Are you sure you only had 2?

Call your sponsor and ask if they can come to your place. Be honest. I think you need more numbers to call next time as well.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yes, I am sure. It was a pint and it was only 1/4 of it at most. I haven't really eaten in a few days though. My sponsor pushed back to 7:30 so I should be fine but certainly wont drive if I am not.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great suggestions there, Yogi.
get a cab - consider the fare an investment in your recovery

D
Old 02-18-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I do need more numbers to call- but i feel like I am nothing but a burden to everyone so I worry about getting anyone else involved in my drama so I tend to resist getting more numbers. That being said, I am horribly lonely.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

People give out numbers in the expectation and hope you'll use those numbers, Yogi

D
Old 02-18-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You see yourself in a very negative light. Not everyone you meet sees you that way. Are you getting any kind of counseling at all? Might help to have someone to talk to regularly. My counselor has helped me tremendously.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know- but they dont realize how over dependent I become. And since I cannot trust myself not to over depend on people, I over compensate by isolating. Bah. I suck at moderation.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Least- I just started with a new therapist I really like and am hopeful that will help too
Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I was honest with my sponsor that I took a swig before I dumped it and she canceled for the night. I cancelled all of my other plans today to finish my resentment list and meet with her tonight. No I am completely alone all day and have to somehow not drink tonight with absolutely no plans. I'm so panicked I'm shaking. I know it was dump to have any but I am stone cold sober and I'm so hurt she wont see me. I feel so alone.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by hopefulyogi View Post
I was honest with my sponsor that I took a swig before I dumped it and she canceled for the night. I cancelled all of my other plans today to finish my resentment list and meet with her tonight. No I am completely alone all day and have to somehow not drink tonight with absolutely no plans. I'm so panicked I'm shaking. I know it was dump to have any but I am stone cold sober and I'm so hurt she wont see me. I feel so alone.
I think you may have just added another resentment to your list. You were honest with your sponsor and now she can't see you. If you'd have just poured it down the drain without taking that swig you'd now be meeting with her. You are responsible for the cancellation. But please don't drink over it.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i feel like I am nothing but a burden to everyone so I worry about getting anyone else involved in my drama
You know Yogi, I feel like that as well, I think there is something wrong with our thinking, I listen to people unload all their stuff and am only to happy to, I will feel all for them, yet I can't do it myself. I want to but I can't....I think we need t o change that, we are not a burden when we are troubled...you have something to say and it's important, very important. Your sobriety is most important...You are doing well.

I am not AA but perhaps there are other meetings around for today that you can go to...ring AA direct...I am not sure how that works!!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey hopefulyogi I admire that you dumped your alcohol. If you don't mind, help me understand why your sponsor wouldn't see you? I'm not an AA member. Hope you're keeping your head up!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ah just read your other post! Disregard my question in that case