Notices

trying to push through!!!

Old 02-16-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

trying to push through!!!

this is always the time i give up and pick up....having anxiety on and off all day(dry mouth, heart racing, burning sensation in chest, upset stomach,) waking up in middle of night..i don't want and will not have a drink but the depression, anxiety and days filled with fatigue are getting to me. I don't get anything done anymore because my days are overwhelming with these withdrawals!! How long did this last in other peoples experience? (its only been a little over two weeks since my last drink but feeling like this makes it seem like forever and i just want the crappy feeling to get better
Old 02-16-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi krs, well done on just over two weeks. The crappy feeling will go, your body is getting used to no alcohol so it is recovering and repairing but also your mind wants to feed it booze. There can be a constant battle.

Keep posting, we are all here to support you.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Hi there

Can you see a doctor? You may just need some medical help. That's what happened to me - I got heartburn AFTER I stopped being a drunkard. My body chemistry was all off and healing. I hope you feel better.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

detox take a bit of time. All normal feelings when stopping the boozing.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I find the physical symptoms go quite quickly but it's the emotional symptoms that really drag, I usually find around two weeks is when I feel like myself again, hang in there because you never know when you'll start to feel much better, you might wake up tomorrow and feel amazing!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi krs1 - it lasted a while for me but I had anxiety even before I started drinking.
If it's concerning you, have you considered seeing a Dr?

D
Old 02-16-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would think that by two weeks you should be over the physical withdrawals. Maybe time to see your doctor for a checkup.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!! I should rephrase I'm through the physical withdrawals actually felt pretty good then the scrambled egg brain hit me and was not expecting it!! It might even just be bad cravings I don't know if it can be physical but I think it can be, because the entire time I feel all anxious I get the voice just have a drink that will make you feel normal again...I'm gonna just keep pushing through as best as I can I know it's all mental. It does suck that I just want the day to be over so I can sleep but on lighter note I'm looking forward to what lonely said and i wake up feeling great!!!!