Notices

started drinking again

Old 02-15-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
It's fairly common here that people who are struggling with sobriety provide lists of what it is they can't do to get help. Not a criticism, but an observation.
Yes I can totally relate to that as that is what I would do. So I had to turn it around. Everytime I was asked to do something to help with my sobriety, be it a meeting or something I wasn't comfortable with I would ask myself "would I be willing to do this in order to drink with no questions asked". And the answer was usually a big yes.

This disease is definitely progressive and the longer I drank the harder it was to quit.

I feel your pain 2much, there is no worse feeling in the world than "oh my god I can't stop".

You can do it! You have the strength deep inside of you.

I have to agree with the others, it wouldn't hurt to go to the ER.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for getting back to me. Yes, I can beat this and I WILL! I tried a few more detoxes and they told me to call my insurance company. I called my insurance company and they are closed for the weekend. Their website does not offer any info. on detox centers. If worse comes to worse, I will call 911. Thanks again. I feel more hopeful now after your responses.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you're feeling more hopeful, good job getting through it, wish you luck getting in to detox my friend!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just wish I had somebody to drop by to be with me, but I guess many others feel that way also. I look like hell.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I just wish I had somebody to drop by to be with me, but I guess many others feel that way also. I look like hell.
Clean up a little. Shower, change clothes, make your bed, whatever. Do some little things if you can and you may feel more hopeful...
Old 02-15-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you. I am sorry that you are caught in the grip but you are reaching out, that tells me that the change is coming. You have broke free before so I know that you have the courage and determination to do it again.

It must be frustrating to not be able to access resources when you need them most; it bothers me that help is so difficult to obtain. I feel helpless and wish that I could do more to support you.

Keep your head above water and don't let this thing take you down. I know that you are a better and stronger man than this beast can handle. Please don't give up! We are here supporting you because we believe in you.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
instant

It is crazy. The why is that it is an addiction. Cravings and the thinking that go with them lead us to drink. I think if you ask for help at ER or medically someone will point you in the right direction- maybe some medical/local support would help?