Notices

3rd time lucky

Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd time lucky

1 month 1week 1 day sounds good don't it...not when youv'e been here before..but then again i am in a far better place than i was 2yrs ago before i set on my journey...i needed a drink just to function take the drink away i could not walk.
Hopefully for me it will be 3rd time lucky.in the u.k all the alchol workers have been on the same course Filling me with utter c..p i don't need a reason to drink i can easily think of a dozen reasons. i need help to reach my goal
Old 02-14-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well its actually quite simmple.
I run into a bunch of drunks on a regular basis.
Dont drink
Old 02-14-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A millionth times the charm. Keep wishing and keep praying.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Maz

I moved your thread here to our Newcomers forum - you'll get more, and a greater range of, response here

you'll find a lot of help here

Is this day one for you?
D
Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

i thought i had my thread on the right page oh well...day 1 of joining the group but not in my strive for soberity...thanks to my addiction i am not computer whizz...even my kid's have given up on me on that score lol hey was it not mum who learnt you to ride a bike...thanks again
Old 02-15-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Where Were You forum is fine maz - but this forum is always jumping - gets you more responses
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Matt 4x4

If it was as easy as that i would have been sober years ago..and there wouldn't be a need for support groups
Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So where am i now lol... it's like 1st day a school this
Old 02-15-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Newcomers Forum.

You'll get to know your way around Maz

D
Old 02-15-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Maz, and welcome to SR. Good to have you with us.

I see you're from Sunderlabd. How's the weather your way? It's wild and windy down here...think my bins are scattered across the neighbourhood!

SR is a great place to find help and support, I joined nearly 2 years ago and it's helped me turn my life around.

Good to meet you
Old 02-15-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Mazz. Lots of support here xxxx
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Jeni

thanks..i had a weird day yesterday my emotions were running riot but another day sober that's what counts....rained all day yesyerday but we have bn lucky up north have you been affected by the flood's....nearly 2 years sober that's brill..can i ask how long you were using how bad did your addiction get....my theroy is the worse the addiction is the longer it takes to gain soberity...thanks again M
Old 02-15-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

um, what is your goal?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maz222 View Post
Hi Jeni

thanks..i had a weird day yesterday my emotions were running riot but another day sober that's what counts....rained all day yesyerday but we have bn lucky up north have you been affected by the flood's....nearly 2 years sober that's brill..can i ask how long you were using how bad did your addiction get....my theroy is the worse the addiction is the longer it takes to gain soberity...thanks again M
Hi Maz,

Well I drank for 30 years or so, not always alcoholically, but looking back now I can see I was always an abnormal drinker. For the last 10 I would say it had spiralled out of control. At the end I was drinking every night to blackout, and had started abusing diazepam to help me maintain my functional alcoholic head and to stave off withdrawals. I had started to deteriorate physically and was under the hospital for some digestive/stomach problems, plus I had been hospitalised for drunken accidents caused by my recklessness. I was beginning to sink fast.

I had a couple of false starts like you. I joined here in March but couldn't crack it straight away. I had a big relapse in May 2012...well it was only a 24 hour thing but it was BIG, in that I was suicidal and completely emotionally wrecked. It was the turning point for me.

Been sober since...but I couldn't have done it without the support here. I joined a monthly support group and posted at least twice a day in the beginning. There were days I did nothing but stay on SR. I went to AA meetings. I did everything I could because I was desperate to quit.

You can do this Maz, honestly you can. PM me all you want.

And yeah, the flooding has been bad in the South. I'm not affected personally as my house is up from street level, but here are plenty who are quite close to me. It's mad isn't it? Glad you're ok where you are.

Take care..and keep postingx
Old 02-16-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing jeni

your journey is similar to mine...sunderland took funding off 2 alchol groups i used and give it to organizations i wasn't fully engaged in...i got lost in the system so when i asked for help i wasn't able to acess it...all sorted now...igo to c.b.t and a recovery group but it's great i found this site i did a non residental rehab a year and a half ago that worked with the fellowship so i no a bit about it i came across a book at home yesterday(living sober) wen in my recovery should i open front page and tead it
Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing a lot for your recovery, that's good. Sorry to hear about the recovery groups, budget cuts really hit those sorts of support groups which is a real shame. I know a bit about CBT as I have had lots of counselling too and I've done a bit of that along with other stuff.

Living sober is a good book. I would read that now, no need to wait.

Have you joined the class of February class Maz? It's in the newcomers thread and it really helped me to be with other people at the same stage in recovery. We really bonded and shared a lot of things.

Keep reading and posting, you're doing great x
Old 02-16-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

This is the class of Feb class Maz, check it out xx
Old 02-16-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Realising my life

A very warm welcome from a very soggy Dorset, Maz

You've made a great decision in reaching out here. I've been sober for just over a year and this site has been crucial for me. I've learnt so much and found real understanding and support. I'm sure you will too
Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi sugarbear

my goal is soberity and not to have to keep changeing my s.d i think i have enough support behind meto achive this goal so here goes S.D-06/01/13