SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   hey weekenders it's the weekend , 14 15th & 16th of feb 2014 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/322823-hey-weekenders-its-weekend-14-15th-16th-feb-2014-a.html)

mecanix 02-13-2014 09:22 PM

hey weekenders it's the weekend , 14 15th & 16th of feb 2014

Hey everyone,
The gaping yaw of time is here to fill until monday ERRRK !

An old adage says "practice makes perfect" so lets get on with trying to get through .
oldies share with the newbies , newbies with the oldies . I give you something to read and share how a sober weekend looks and feels, we can chat about stuff, tell people our successful routines , check in , just type "hello" or "i'm in", just to touch base . Calling oldies , newbies , returnees , soberinos people who can do an hour sober , people who can do years are all welcome :)

tell us how your weekend goes , how you plan to deal with stuff , what sober routine your building .

Candy hearts for everyone

Bestwishes, m

LadyinBC 02-13-2014 09:28 PM

Whoo hoo! Signing up for another sober weekend!

PaulinaPolitely 02-13-2014 09:55 PM

Sign me up too!

Thanks for the gracious invite!

Lizella 02-13-2014 10:04 PM

Definitely count me in! :)

Rar 02-13-2014 10:36 PM

I'm in too.

Marcher13 02-13-2014 11:15 PM

Hey Mecanix, my Pommie friend! I'm in for the weekend, thank you. We have two days of tropical-like rain forecast so while I may not be swimming or cycling, I will be cooking and baking up a storm, I have a DVD to watch and friends coming over for a meal. Sober weekends are double the fun, you don't waste any time with hangovers and Monday is fine.

Skye2 02-13-2014 11:27 PM

Me too :)

ushanka83 02-14-2014 12:01 AM

Count me in. First sober weekend in as long as I can remember. Probably going to be checking in to SR plenty too. :lmao

Got a big big competitive bike ride planned on the Sunday and Saturday will probably be spent preparing for that.

I also want to spend some time planning and starting work on a website I want to build and a book I want to write(!).

These are all things I couldn't entertain whilst drinking.

Beanie25 02-14-2014 12:22 AM

I'm in.

Oldselfagain 02-14-2014 12:43 AM

Count me in!!

PurpleKnight 02-14-2014 01:10 AM

Going to be a weekend of relaxation I think, been working 6 days this week which will include getting up tomorrow morning again, tonight therefore should be an early night.

Saturday evening/Sunday gonna get around to actually watching some of the Winter Olympics, haven't seen much so far, so this weekend is a good excuse!!

Green Tea all the way though!!

Let's do this everyone!!

:dance8:

shi 02-14-2014 01:15 AM

for me the only way out right now is to have no plans. funny hah? so my weekend is all about laundry, church n monday im a chek in with i smile. a day @ a time tho. happy valentine's day,family; to ya'll

CuteNGayYay 02-14-2014 01:23 AM

Im in. :)

Nonsensical 02-14-2014 03:07 AM

I'm in. I get to learn a new skill this weekend - how to stay in a hotel sober. As soon as we checked in I realized that I am not sure I have ever stayed in a hotel room and not got drunk.

New life, new habits. Now...what the hell are all these things called amenities? :)

Weasel1966 02-14-2014 03:56 AM

Here!

Going to see wicked on Broadway tonight. Not much else planned for the day.

K

Tang 02-14-2014 04:10 AM

I need a sober weekend. Strength to all.

newme2day 02-14-2014 04:24 AM

I'm in!! No major plans this weekend which is ok with me.

stayonthepath 02-14-2014 05:00 AM

This will be my first sober weekend for 8 years - the last time was when I was in hospital in Jan 2006 (so it doesn't really count because I couldn't exactly ask the nurse for a large scotch!). So I'm looking forward to a sober, creative (I'm a guitarist and songwriter), relaxed and happy weekend. Hope everyone gets to Sunday feeling calm and sober with a lovely weekend to look back on. Will definitely be checking in here.

Flying4Life 02-14-2014 05:01 AM

I am in for my 24th consecutive sober weekend! I am having a special dinner tonight for valentine's day, then going to see the Lego movie with friends tomorrow, and celebrating my new baby cousin's baptism on Sunday morning. I am looking forward to all of it. In between, I will be doing lots of accounting homework and studying for midterms. So grateful to be sober or I wouldn't be celebrating anything at 10am on a Sunday. I missed out on so much when I insisted on experiencing life in a drunken haze.

keithurbanfan 02-14-2014 05:27 AM

Count me in! No big plans, other than reading and enjoying the nice sunny weather we're supposed to have. I hope to spend some time outside tomorrow, running and just enjoying the sites and sounds. Now that I'm not in a fog. :)

Happy Friday! And Happy Valentine's Day!