Notices

hey weekenders it's the weekend , 14 15th & 16th of feb 2014

Old 02-16-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning weekenders...a bit of bacon this morning and spinach potato pancakes (frozen Dr. PRAEGER brand, all natural, kosher, heart healthy to offset the bacon) and an egg.
Weasey, sorry you missed the show, but you can catch it again, maybe in better weather.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm still hanging in. Last night we made homemade pizza and chocolate chip cookies....all enjoyed while watching a movie, which is something I never did while drinking. Drinking involved sitting somewhere on my laptop (ignoring my son), obnoxiously commenting on everything on facebook, while my husband did the same thing from his computer. What a waste of time!

This sober life is so much better! I'm thankful to be on day 15 and hoping for many, many more. I hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'm off to church now......
Old 02-16-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm in for another sober Sunday.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning sober weekenders!
I hope everyone is feeling good this Sunday morning!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ok olive.... This is what I do. Thee are as many ways to do ribs as people. Lol

Here is what I do for killer beef short ribs.

Coat 3 lbs in olive oil and salt...pepper and roast in the over for 15 minutes at 400.

Cut up...determine how much of each you like.... Of onion, carrots, celery... And a small fennel bulb. I find the fennel to be important. Made it with and with out and it adds something subtle.

Sauté the veggies for 20 minutes or until softer on medium high.

Then add garlic and work it for a few more minutes and the add tomato paste and pomegranate juice. I also thrown in a can... A tin for our English friends... Of diced flavored tomatoes... Usually in like some Italian seasonings. Let the liquid reduce by half or so.

I put the ribs in and veggie stock. Judge by what you like for liquid. I feel you can never have too much delicious sauce!!! I have used beef stock but I don't have that today. Then some brown sugar if you want. Adds a niceness to it.

I add sprigs of thyme and rosemary as well. Bring to a simmer and then into the over at 300 for a few hours. About 2. Time varies by the quantities you choose but not matter what you did slow cook until the meat falls off the bone. You will know.

Remove the ribs and sprigs and cook more on the top until the veggies are done.

Here are the important things.

I use pomegranate juice in place of wine in many recipes. A tip I got here!

I find the fennel important.

Roasting over browning on the stove top makes a difference for me.

Skim the excess fat. It just detracts on left overs!

And ultimately it's one pot. Adjust taste with salt and pepper as needed. You cannot screw it up!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Evening all from london ,

Sober sunday done . In bed early and washing done (was out late with mex-m8 takeout curry and a film last night ) got home 11 am this morning so i've been playing a bit of sky rim on the x-box and just recharging my batteries .

Time spent doing nothing much helps my sobriety and gives my overactive brain the time to unwind and forget about wind-ups , where i used to use alcohol to deal with my on fire thoughts , these days the thoughts die down to an ember ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-16-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Weasel!!!!
Oven roasting I had not thought of. Brilliant! I will definitely give it a try soon. I see them make short ribs on all those cooking shows I like to watch and they always look so good....but I have always been skeptical to try. Now that I have a fool proof, guaranteed recipe, I cannot go wrong.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thank you all my weekender companions.

I have made it through the weekend sober and I am pleased with myself.

Wishing you all the same good feeling

Carly
Old 02-17-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi all - made it for my 5th sober weekend, and waking up today clear for the 5th Monday in a row was wonderful. I'm traveling this week for work, and instead of DREADING IT, I'm prepared. Clothes are ready, I'm ready to take on the week - clear headed, and with energy that I thought I'd never feel again. In fact, I don't think I actually knew what feeling good was until I stopped drinking.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

SillyString - Isn't it nice to buy yourself those little rewards because you have a little extra money in your pocket? That what I am noticing. Also, I spring out of bed and take way better care of myself than I have in years! I actually have time to paint my toes and put on a little makeup too. Love it. And I feel good. :-)
Keep it up and take care!