Notices

hey weekenders it's the weekend , 14 15th & 16th of feb 2014

Old 02-14-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here for my first sober weekend since I can't remember when. No big plans. I may go visit my Dad, who's a few hours away. I'm never very tempted when I'm visiting him, even though he does keep some wine in the house sometimes. I have to work tonight ("Work!" said Maynard G. Krebbs) so that should be ok. I plan to keep on driving past the liquor store on my way home and head for some hot tea instead. My best to everyone here!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Count me in!
I don't have any fireworks planned this weekend. I do have to make sure to keep up with some work stuff, though, nothing too serious, just maintenance-type stuff. So I have little "Piles" of papers set up to work through and record. 5 here, 5 there. Should be done by sunday night. This will make sunday less stressful and the work week also seem less stressful.

Taking the kids to see the Lego movie tonight, and tomorrow playing a bit of music with friends. New band is coming up on 4 new songs--good start. Should be fun.

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep your eye on the goal: sober. Do it one hour at a time if you have to.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Just noticed that my kitchen ceiling is leaking. Tons of snow and ice on the house. Had a new roof installed two years ago. Hopefully, the problem is minor and will resolve itself. I have to get to work. (I'm sure this is all very riveting.)
Old 02-14-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in and not going to screw up this time! Ready to go!!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm in, too.

Today is the 27th anniversary of the first date with the girl who is now my wife. She woke up with flowers and a card on the table.

Hang in there, everyone, we can do this.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - let's have a(nother) sober weekend!

I'm just done with a week-long vacation, so it'll be mostly work for me. Well it will have to be
Old 02-14-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I'm in for a sober weekend.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Weekend!

Just found out that we have Monday off as a holiday!
Ridiculously excited about that!

I've got a whole lot of nothin planned for the next three days.....
Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey soberino's ,
Checking in from london , it is really gusty and squally out there at the moment , the drive home was miserable and people were getting angsty . So it was time to calm down and relax in my car , put on the classical music station and just take it easy . I had a pleasant drive home and reminded myself the bad weather was outside the window not inside with me, so there was no point in joining in the mayhem I could afford to take it easy

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Count me in please.

I found last weekend very tough- hoping for a smoother ride this weekend.

I am doing a Mindfulness course at the moment and have a full day of mindfulness class tomorrow- much of which will be spent in silence- being mindful.

I will post tomorrow- hopefully calm and with resolve.

Let's be sober together

Carly
Old 02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Magsie

And me Friday night, 8.34 pm
Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm ready to get the weekend started! I have a bunch of computer tech waiting for me to start messing around with it. That and super spicy tacos with my name on em!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi all. Worked at home today and now I'm off until Wednesday. My plan is simple; keep busy, get some exercise, check in to SR, and don't drink. Happy weekend!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am really looking forward to this weekend. The last 2 weekends I still had it in the back of my mind it was an option to drink. This weekend feels different. I know I won't drink. Enjoying a grapefruit Perrier on ice on my back porch. About to make some sweets with my kiddo.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello . . . I'm new here. Looking forward to my first sober weekend in a few weeks. I've been trying to quit for a while, but haven't put my heart into it the way I need to . . . .

Anyway, thanks for all your great posts. They have inspired me to embrace sobriety.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi all - Sillystring checking in! This will be my 5th sober weekend. This past week went by for me really quickly - I was so insanely busy at work.

Normally, in every 4 weeks, I would be drunk for 8 days, (Fri/Sat every week), and then hungover for another 12 days (3 day hangovers every week). So, in one month of 30 days, I was only functioning well for 14 of those days.

Now that I have not been drinking, I find myself not rushing to do things at the last minute anymore (because I've already had the time to take care of them earlier). It's a nice feeling...to be able to plan ahead, without having to plan around my drinking/hangovers.

Best to everyone!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

I'm in for another sober weekend. Supposed to snow again this evening thru tomorrow and then be okay. I'm watching House of Cards on Netflix, new episode. Great show, but they waited soooo long to put on anything new. Happy Valentine's from Netflix I guess I wish they would add a bunch of new movies, seems I've watched about everything that would remotely interest me. Seems all of them (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) are getting slower about adding new stuff.
I'm going to try a little bit of juicing. I recently watched Fat,Sick and Nearly Dead. I loved it. I already have a juicer. I've tried carrots and apples before and like that, but haven't tried vegetables such as the greens, cukes, etc recommended in the movie. I found some green stuff at the store I went to after work so I will try that out probably tomorrow.
I will also be reading on my Kindle - still having fun with getting free books from the online part of my library. Also GoodReads has been recommending me new authors to read.
Long post about little LOL but the main thing I want to do is relax... it was a heck of a week at work.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders,
Really missed you. Cas is good. Went to Mexico for about 10 days. Other things that I've been doing include a new relationship and some serious work stuff. My SR peeps are always in my thoughts and I'm grateful to be able to post that I'm a sober dude and that life is taking off for me.

M, hope you are weathering the storm ok. Heard about record rains in the UK.

Ken, read "Wicked" the book and thought it was pretty fun. Please share your impressions on the performance.

Mega Bear Hugs, Cas
Old 02-14-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

At the moment watching Charlie Brown Valentines with my son then watching Avengers. Hoping my husband joins us! I feel good about getting through today!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

My weekend doesn't actually begin until Saturday. My new job has Tuesday thru Saturday hours. So, I'll check in again Sat night!