Notices

Day 3

Old 02-13-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well its day three, almost four since I stopped taking the tramadol. Wouldn't you know its my birthday. That makes the urge to find some that much worse because I just want to feel normal and happy on my birthday. To make matters worse a foot of snow got dumped outside so I can't go anywhere. I'm really considering calling my doc and making something up to get more. I'm fighting it so hard right now. Especially since I just want sleep. my legs won't quit hurting and the RLS kept me in and out of sleep all night. I just know I'm not going to make it. I can't stand these feelings. I feel like I'm going out of my mind.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep fighting and posting on SR! I'm on yet another day one and am fighting the urge to make my symptoms go away too. You deserve sobriety on your special day!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know this feeling all too well. Despair. The insomnia and RLS are what make me rather die than try sobriety. But I guess that's the point... I just hope I'm not one of the ones that takes years to feel better bc I won't make it either.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't give in!! It's not worth it. You'll just have to start all over again. The beginning is always difficult but it will get easier. Stick with it!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can't imagine what your posts mean to me. I sat in front of the pharmacy and started thinking of the excuses. But I walked in, got some of the over the counter stuff for leg cramps and walked out. So day 3, I win. And I have your posts to thank.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Little too close for comfort. I went through all of the usual stuff. That I could fill it and take it right. That a doctor gave it to me so I needed it. That I could just take it sometimes. Its all lies. And I'm in charge of my life. Not some chalky tasting pill in a bottle. Playing with my kids today no matter how tired I feel and making a snowman in the morning!