Notices

Meybe I should leave?

Old 02-12-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meybe I should leave?

This is not a cry for attention but a genuine request to which I hope to get an honest answer.

After all my positive messages, I keep relapsing. And I fear I'm negatively influencing others.

I've gotten drunk terribly right now and hate it. But I'm concerned about the people on here.

I can get help somewhere else. I can get sober. But my messages might lead people to drink, a thought that is terrifying.

So what do I do? The answer is in what is best for this community. And please be honest about it. I'll be fine.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

We've already told you that your drinking or relapsing has no effect on us as a whole and sharing it is fine. We are all here to get better, you included.

What should you do? Listen to what everyone has been telling you and stop drinking. Drink some water, get some sleep, and get ready to start day 1 tomorrow like you have planned.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Scott, your tone kind of affirms my suspicion. I'm a problem. It would be better if I went away.

Not blaming you, but in your heart you despise alcoholics and it shows in your messages. You won't admit it though. Just leave me alone.

I might leave, maybe not. But at least treat me with honest respect.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is directly from our rules Benedict:

Soberrecovery is a forum for those recovering from alcohol and substance abuse addictions and help for family and friends whos lives have been affected by someone else's addiction.
You fit.

To me, there's no point in having a recovery board where everyone is sober.

We're here to help.

Worrying about others is noble, but leaving SR would also leave you to drink unfettered...
there may be some AV in that.

I don't think 'unfettered' is a good idea for you, do you?

D
Old 02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think you are reading far more into replies than you should be Benedict. No one has even remotely suggested that you leave, me included. SR is a place where we share all and respect each other. There is no "tone" in my reply at all, only hope that you can quit as you wish to and seek help to do so.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noones treating you with contempt Ben - but noone's going to sign off on you drinking today either.

Deep down, I don't think you want us to, either

D
Old 02-12-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I think you are reading far more into replies than you should be Benedict. No one has even remotely suggested that you leave, me included. SR is a place where we share all and respect each other. There is no "tone" in my reply at all, only hope that you can quit as you wish to and seek help to do so.
Must be the booze, hope you can forgive me. I'm so drunk, I'm confusing Loki from Thor with my responses here. Sorry about that.

I will log off now before I make any more weird statements.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Benedict View Post

I might leave, maybe not. But at least treat me with honest respect.
He did.

Please keep something in mind. You're the one that's drinking and then deciding to post on a sober forum, not him.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 02-12-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to dump the rest of the booze instead of logging off Benedict.

D
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you decide to dump the rest of the booze instead of logging off Benedict.
Amen.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
Must be the booze, hope you can forgive me. I'm so drunk, I'm confusing Loki from Thor with my responses here. Sorry about that.

I will log off now before I make any more weird statements.
There is nothing to forgive, we have all been there Benedict. You asked for an honest answer and I honestly think you should dump out the rest of the beer and wine and get some rest. Stick around here too if you like, theres a lot to read but it might not make a whole lot of sense right now. When you wake up tomorrow your plan is to get sober,you'll need some rest to get going on that. Be safe.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Relapsing happens. Of course we all want to find a path to sobriety but it's hard.. It's taken me 30+ years to stop and I'm still a babe in the woods at 4 months sober. We are all here to help each other which means asking for help and sharing the bad with the good. There are no expectations but much goodwill and wisdom. So stay
Old 02-12-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If everyone was Sober, not struggling, not in need of support . . . there'd be no need for this online Forum.

We're all on the same journey together no matter what stage you are at!!