Notices

Day one

Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one

Hi,
First time on here but it seems a great site.
You guys are the first people I've opened up to about this but been drinking for about 10 years (I'm 29) but for the last year been drinking a lot more than i used to, sometimes over 500ml vodka a night.

All started with a death of a family member, after she'd passed which was very unexpected.

Yesterday had a horrible hang over but stupidly drank last night as it was 'there'. This morning I've had enough with that life, its affecting my work which really depresses me as Ive worked so hard to get where i am.

Also have an eating disorder and depression but im slowly sorting them out and drinking makes the eating disorder worse.

So here goes... day one. Any tips anyone?x
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome rl41
Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome RL. Take it one day at a time. 8 days here. U will love the way it feels to feel sober.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rl41 View Post
Hi,
First time on here but it seems a great site.
You guys are the first people I've opened up to about this but been drinking for about 10 years (I'm 29) but for the last year been drinking a lot more than i used to, sometimes over 500ml vodka a night.

All started with a death of a family member, after she'd passed which was very unexpected.

Yesterday had a horrible hang over but stupidly drank last night as it was 'there'. This morning I've had enough with that life, its affecting my work which really depresses me as Ive worked so hard to get where i am.

Also have an eating disorder and depression but im slowly sorting them out and drinking makes the eating disorder worse.

So here goes... day one. Any tips anyone?x
I'm new to this too! But have a lot of experience with AA.

Lets just say its sexier to be out drinking when you are young but not so much in your 40's. Save your health now. I've seen what someone looks like after 25 years of nightly drinking. Look at Rob Lowe. He stopped it all in his 20's. He is a healthy person inside and out.

Do it for your health mostly but for vanity too. Believe me if its a problem now, it will only get deeper.

You don't want to wake up with the shakes. Or have future kids watch you drunk. I live with someone like that. Someone who is so amazing but is so addicted. He has changed dramatically.

I'm staying sober to help myself first but also be an example. Living life fresh and totally vulnerable can be amazing!

Change it up. You won't have success unless you do. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi rl41

Support really is a game changer so I'm glad you found us. Read around and post as much as you like and get some ideas

D
Old 02-12-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome xxxx
Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a very friendly and supportive site. I hope our support can help you stop drinking for good.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for you lovely replies, a few days ago I said this but then after 48 hours I failed again, but im going to try and stick with it this time, does it sound strange that I wont know what to do with my evenings?xx