Notices

My Journey Thus Far

Old 02-11-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Journey Thus Far

I have 40 days today. Physically, I feel so much better. Mentally, I feel great also. Clear-headed, able to concentrate. I have not had any white-knuckle craving moments. Of course I have had a few moments, when the thought of drinking crept into my mind. Most of the times have been pure habit, and I've been able to laugh it off.

I have tried some new things this time around. I have been visiting a therapist and that has helped a lot. Mainly, it has helped to keep me humble as my sober-days pile up. I generally get to 30 or 40 days and think, "I've got this thing licked." I am taking each day one day at a time and trying to live in the moment. I have also started doing yoga each morning. That has been a great way to start my day. Working through the poses and sweating my a#s off for 90-minutes. It is also VERY humbling. I am not flexible and it is very hard. It is rewarding though. It gives me time to control my thoughts, praise myself, and mentally relax.

That is a huge step for me. To actually go to the class. I went to my therapist visit last week and she told me that addicts need to remain humble and be open to being taught. It was the perfect message, at the perfect time. That was the first day I was going to yoga with a friend. I was seriously worrying about the class, what people would think, etc. That message was so perfect. Im glad I went, because I love it.

Anyway, just a quick update. Good day all!!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That's great. Well done on 40 days xxx