Notices

Throwing up bile.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

My understanding is that black vomit is when you are in serious danger, as it indicates internal bleeding. What you have described just sounds like bile, but I'm not a doctor, I haven't seen it, so I can't say that for sure.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

you need to be honest with the doctor and yourself.

i've just come off a hideous week-long bender and i'm very lucky the withdrawals were manageable. one of my friends from AA brought me food and made me sweet tea and i've literally spent 2 days in bed.

today though, is different. i'm up, bathed and dressed and i've drunk lots of water and am eating fruit.

i'm going to a meeting at lunchtime, and one this evening.

this disease wants us dead, and it will try anything to make that happen. call it out. tell your doctor, your friends - that you are sick and worried. reach out for help. i have been trying this since the start of October and i'm only just learning to ask for help.

it CAN only get better.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Sydney1988 View Post
I really want to talk to a dr about it tomorrow. But I'm so afraid that I'll freeze. I've already written it down. I just don't know how I'm going to handle it tomorrow.
If you've written down what you want to say to him all you have to do is hand him the paper you wrote it on and let him read it. Then be honest with him.

I spent many times throwing up nothing but bile and the water I drank on the one day I would take off inbetween my 5 day binges. I had to throw up into garbage bags over the side of my bed because I couldn't even make it to the bathroom.

Believe me I do not miss it and I never want to go back there again.

And Chickippo good to see you!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dee74 is right it is bile eat something like crackers or a light bread
Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Sydney hope you got on ok at the docs x
Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. Haven't gone yet. Dreading the appointment and what might come of it. Really very anxious, but can't wait at the same time.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Sydney please let us know how that goes.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sydney1988 View Post
So I am new here. I'm still drinking and for the last week I've woken up in the morning, coughing a little which turns into gagging and eventually throwing up. Sorry for the detail, but It's pretty much some white foamy stuff followed by a fair amount of yellow liquid which I'm assuming is bile. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a feeling it's alcohol related. Just wanted to know if people have experienced something similar.

I just started this forum too and experienced yhe severity of the physical addictiom part to drinking daily for the first time yesterday. I had never thrown up bile before in the 25yrs ive been alive and i can honestly say i was terrified...i was a heroin addict for 3 years, been clean from that for 22 months, but i had never felt this way when withdrawing from opiates...this just feels different. Not sure what to do. Im pretty scared
Old 07-19-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Cherikeebabe

If you're worried, why not get yourself checked out by a Dr and get some peace of mind?

D
Old 07-19-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Heavy drinking also messes with your insides. It almost killed me.

See a doctor.