Notices

41 Days and Counting..

Old 02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

41 Days and Counting..

I decided my sober date would be January 1, 2014 even though I had quit drinking a few days earlier. I was still in a hangover fog for a few days before I decided it was time to be done. I lost everything. My family won't talk to me.. My best friend kicked me out of her wedding and told me she didn't want someone like me being her maid of honor. Even though at that moment, I just wanted to drown everything out again and again, I decided the best thing for everyone else and myself would be for me to stop drinking once and for all. Nothing good ever comes out of drinking. I'm young and it seems like I still have time to make a change in my life. I've been having terrible nightmares.. I sometimes wake up screaming or crying and I've become scared to even sleep at night. I find myself crying a lot. I have no friends, no social life. I just sit at home all day or go to work and pretend to be happy. I don't see anyone. No one calls me or texts me. No one wants to be around me. It's hard to want to be around myself sometimes. I've been sober for 41 days.. I really hope it gets better than this.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome jmcnugget.

I'm sorry you're down - I found I had to change my life too - my old one revolved around getting drink or high,

It takes a while to build a sober life with supportive friends but it's really worth it.
It does get better

What about sports or hobbies - thats a good way top spend some time and maybe make some new friends.

Volunteering was good for me too - it got me connecting with people on a basis other than alcohol.

you'll find a lot of friends and support here too.
Congrats on 41 days - thats awesome

D
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! Yes, it does get better but it takes effort and time. You are young and are wise to stop drinking now.

I'm glad you joined us.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done JMC.