Notices

Not feeling good Day 5

Old 02-10-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not feeling good Day 5

Hello everyone,

So my boyfriend and I (of 6 years, and we have been drinking throughout most of our relationship) decided to quit drinking to get healthier, feel better, and stop all of the madness that goes along with drinking way too much, way too often. We are 26 years old and we were tired of being hung over and struggling to get through the day. It is day 5 and my boyfriend is not feeling too well. He feels foggy; he is not sleeping well, and he just feels disconnected from the world and himself. I am wondering how others out there felt in their first few weeks and how to get through this difficult time?
Thanks so much for your help!!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It does get better. If you are really worried take him to the doctor x
Old 02-10-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Five days sober is just barely out of withdrawal. It will take a little sober time to ease the brain fog and bad feelings. Stick with it! Living sober is really worth the effort.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember pure exhaustion and fog...... Although my loved ones would claim i am always in a fog- lol- in all seriousness that seems to be common, but yes if it gets worrisome see a dr.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It'll get better. As hard as it is, try to be patient, it'll pass and there is light ahead. I had to be willing to fight for it a bit, be a bit (if not more) uncomfortable. Sobriety is so worth it.

Good for you guys for doing this now. My wife and I started drinking together on our second date, 18 years ago. We're in our 40s now. I'm on about 2.5 months sober and she has still not made the leap. It's a strain, for sure. But I so wish we had done like you guys. You'll be much happier in the long run.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It does get better slowly. And it's really worth it
Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by malcolmsloan View Post
It'll get better. As hard as it is, try to be patient, it'll pass and there is light ahead. I had to be willing to fight for it a bit, be a bit (if not more) uncomfortable. Sobriety is so worth it.

Good for you guys for doing this now. My wife and I started drinking together on our second date, 18 years ago. We're in our 40s now. I'm on about 2.5 months sober and she has still not made the leap. It's a strain, for sure. But I so wish we had done like you guys. You'll be much happier in the long run.
Sounds like my story too. Really wish we wouldn't have wasted so many years on the couch drinking.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your help and input, we really appreciate it! I feel ok today on day 6, but he is still feeling run down, and needing a lot of sleep. So he is drinking a lot of Gatorade and getting a lot of sleep for now. Have a good night everyone!

Jen