Notices

can't take it.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

can't take it.

in a delightful turn of events i begged my ex husband to take me back. he refused. i am sick of this apartment, of the sound of the rain and how cold it is. i miss my comfortable home, my husband and my pussycat.

what else is there for me?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There is the fact that you aren't a drunk! There is something for everyone. Focus on self-improvement... reading self-help books is a great way to spend time, and they absolutely help. They have for me, anyway! Keep posting on SR!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

There is the most important thing of all. There is you. Now is the time to focus on you! Your recovery, your likes and dislikes, your work if you are working, etc.

Hugs. You can do this.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by chickippo View Post
iwhat else is there for me?
Rebuilding your life. Your daughter. Sobriety. AA. SR. Just to name a few.

One of the hardest parts of sobriety is realizing all the damage our drinking caused us. The best cure is to get sober though. You've had some stretches so you know it's possible. And you know that many of the problems you are dealing with right now are a direct result of your drinking in the past - picking up again will only make them worse. Get to a meeting or get out and take a walk. Do anything you can to keep your mind in the now - the sober now.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Work on yourself, first and foremost. No matter what you have lost, you still have yourself.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Please don't give up on you Ippochick **{hug}}
You have friends here and in AA who understand, you are not alone. Work on your sobriety and try to decorate the new pad a little bit. Have you even unpacked yet?
Sometimes little details make a world of difference to our moods.
Why don't you call an AA friend, go to a meeting and maybe catch a silly movie with her?
I also hope you will join us at the 24 hours club.http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4461977
There has been a few times when my life as I knew it was over and I was way down..like Jack in the box I was able to pop back up.
You might think your life is over but I promise there will be good times again. Don't sink into the quicksands of depression, don't drink and more importantly never give up on yourself (and we sure are not giving up on you).
The worst thing you can do right now is isolate by the way so keep posting here and also pick up that cell phone and reach out

hugs
Old 02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is you. You are worth this. be the person you can be for you and your daughter
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Don't give up. I got through it and built a new life for myself. I wasn't alone for too long. Good things will happen, just ride through it xxxxx
Old 02-10-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chickippo View Post
in a delightful turn of events i begged my ex husband to take me back. he refused. i am sick of this apartment, of the sound of the rain and how cold it is. i miss my comfortable home, my husband and my pussycat.

what else is there for me?
This is a moment, chickippo. Granted it's a very bad one but it's still just a moment. You've reached this point as a result of years of stuff (behavior, choices) so it probably won't get better instantly. But it can get better.

It's a cliche to say it probably but you need to just take a breath and work on you. Right now your husband is angry and doesn't want to listen. You can only affect you, you can't change anyone but yourself. The first steps to becoming happy again will also have to start with you.

I hope you don't give up, chickippo. My divorce was one of the lowest points in my life but the bad time didn't last.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's some really good advice here Ippo.

When my relationships broke down I didn't think there was anything left for me, nothing to hang onto...but good things came and lives were rebuilt again.

Accepting what is, is the hardest bit - but use all the support you have - you don't need to do this alone.

But please...don't drink...it magnifies the despair and extinguishes hope. It makes us demented with grief - or at least it did me.

take care of yourself

D
Old 02-10-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

“Paradoxically, the ability to be alone is the condition for the ability to love.”
― Erich Fromm, The Art of Loving

As others have said...there is you. The relationship you have with you is the one that must be addressed first...learning to live somewhat contentedly in our own skins is perhaps our greatest task. Please fix that relationship first and foremost. You are worth your own love and acceptance.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

bumping...................... please check in.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How are you holding up, chickippo? For some reason I've been thinking about this thread all day. I hope you're well. I've read back through your other posts, trying to get a handle on what has happened to bring you to this point but I'm not understanding it all. Since you're here at SR I'm figuring that alcohol abuse has been one of the main issues driving your marital problems.

I guess the first thing is to just look in the mirror and see what you see. How much are you drinking? Your husband obviously loves you, or at least did once to have married you. You maybe don't drink nearly as much as I did but it certainly drove a wedge between my (now) ex-wife and I. I probably already talked about this but I went through the last 15 years thinking the breakup was 95% her fault. But when I quit drinking it hit me like a thunderbolt just how miserable it must have been loving me.

I don't know if you will get your house, your husband and your cat back. I hope you do. At this point it looks like the stakes are higher than that, though. You need to get your life back.

Thinking of you, wishing you well.