Notices

need help now

Old 06-21-2004, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

need help now

i am 24 and use drugs need rehab now can not find help i have no money and nobody to help me
Old 06-21-2004, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Hospital ER. Show up and ask for treatment and locations for rehab.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Can you find an NA meeting where you are? If you can put yourself on a 5 minute basis of not using, minutes grow to hours and hours to days you can break the cycle. If you can reach a detox or rehab, financial assistance might be there for you. Keep posting and hopefully we can help you. We are not proffesionals, We have been where your at now and we can do this together.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

been to ERS gave me phone numbers no help

Originally Posted by corey
i am 24 and use drugs need rehab now can not find help i have no money and nobody to help me
I HAVE CALLED OVER 50 REHAB IN TWO DAYS CANNOT FIND HELP THEY TELL ME MAYBE IN THREE FOUR WEEK CANNOT WAIT i AM DETOX NOW
Old 06-21-2004, 10:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Detox is a good start!!! It has broke the cycle of not using. Rehab will best help you learn a new way of life. Just for toay you don't have to use! What kind of situation are you in when you finish detox?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by corey
I HAVE CALLED OVER 50 REHAB IN TWO DAYS CANNOT FIND HELP THEY TELL ME MAYBE IN THREE FOUR WEEK CANNOT WAIT i AM DETOX NOW
My wife works a ER. Rules say...can't refuse anyone that needs medical attention. (show up) A call lets them give info for what you ask for. f2f they would need at least take your pulse before saying you are ok...go home.
f 2 f with a polite...as calm as you can attitude tell them you need help now.
"as calm as you can" Remember they are there to help. If you start to give them a hard time pushing the issue with a strong attitude... They can do what they need do or they can try to go the extra mile and do "all" they can do.
Ask them to make the calls to fit you into some place tonight "please"
Also as posted...look for NA meetings, coffee houses, strength from within...and at a moment at a time...say no more. Enough. Just for this moment, just for today...I will say no more.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

At The Er They Gave Me A List Of Rehabs I Called Them Thye Cost To Much Or They Were Full
Old 06-21-2004, 10:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

Corey:

You need to contact your state department of social services, whatever title it has (may not be that name, could be a bit different). There are state and county funded treatment programs available in every state. You have to ask for the assistance and be screened. There are agencies that accept this type of funding. If you are disabled you may also be eligible for either Social Security funded healthcare or Medicaid (state funding).

There is help for you, hang in there pal. In the mean time, how about some AA or NA meetings?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Like Best said, find an Na meeting list, Recovery (coffee house), even if you have to slip into an AA meeting, it can be done. You sound like you have the desire, thats a start. Your foot work will tell all... Hell of a story down the road, Just for today-You never have to use again.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

I would suggest getting in touch with your county health departments addictions program. They will do an intake assesment on you and give you a referal to rehab. You stand a better chance of getting in faster with a referal from an addictions prgram than you do by calling yourself. Also be honest with them about your usage, If you are using on a daily basis this should qualify you for a detox bed in a rehab. As far as the money goes, most state run rehabs operate on a sliding scale which means the cost of the rehab is determined by your income.
Sometimes it can take a few days to get into rehab, dont give up though .... its well worth it and you deserve it
Old 06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUSTINE

HI COREY,
THE HARDEST STEP HAS BEEN MADE!! REACHING OUT IS THE BEGINNING AND EVERYONE AT SR WILL BE HERE FOR YOU AS THEY WERE FOR ME.
MAKE BABY STEPS AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, IT WILL BE LEAPS AND BOUNDS!
STAY STRONG!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 12:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Corey

Go ahead and at least get yourself on a waiting list in one or more places.
Detox is never fun, it really really sucks. Go to the emergency room if you need to.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

((((Corey))))

Wishing you the best, on the road to your recovery.

Talia