Notices

Weekend Number Two- What lays ahead.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend Number Two- What lays ahead.

Well its Monday after my second weekend of sobriety. I had a fantastic weekend keeping busy and enjoying sobriety. Its amazing how much time you have when you are not wasting it sitting down drinking
To date i am finding the abstinence much easier than the first time i gave up last April. Possibly because i know what to expect and how to manage the cravings. Also i didn't go through nearly the same withdrawal symptoms that i did last April after 30 odd years of continuous drinking as my relapse was not a major "fall off the wagon drink everything in sight" kind of relapse.
Without being over confident i am looking forward to my recovery moving forward
Did anyone else find it easier to start again after having a substantial amount of time in recovery and a relapsing. I am interested to hear what i might expect over the coming months?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Congrats on your time!

I think that when I finally made the decision for real it was easier.

Looks like you're finding out just how many more hours there are in a day and all that you get done when you rid yourself of alcohol!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My last, very last, relapse was over four years ago. I drank for two days and was sicker than hell from it. It was then that I truly saw my need to stop drinking. I've never regretted it, only wish I'd done it sooner.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
My last, very last, relapse was over four years ago. I drank for two days and was sicker than hell from it. It was then that I truly saw my need to stop drinking. I've never regretted it, only wish I'd done it sooner.
It seams the mind is a powerful tool. When we make up our mind totally it appears to be a much easier journey. We just need to watch out for any complacency along the way
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My last relapse lasted 4 years. I drank every single day. I had 5 years sober prior to that one. I have never ever been able to relapse for a day or two. It always last years. I am done forever.
Congratulations on getting through your second weekend.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
My last relapse lasted 4 years. I drank every single day. I had 5 years sober prior to that one. I have never ever been able to relapse for a day or two. It always last years. I am done forever.
Congratulations on getting through your second weekend.
Wow i am glad that it didn't get hold of me to that extent again. A four year bender would surely see me to my grave at this stage. I best keep that in mind as i move through this recovery. I am glad you got sober again escapist