Notices

It's possible! I really am back

Old 06-22-2004, 08:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Chy

Jan,
Welcome to SR!

Yea, those nights can be pretty horrific. But if your thinking something has to be done your in the right place. Binge drinking is exactly as you describe,the degree and amount varies from person to person, but typically those of us that drink to oblivion.

I'm very sorry the meeting was not comfortable. I'd like to suggest you go to another at another time perhaps, and look for the ladies meeting. Those are awesome. If you want to do something about your drinking you have many options.

Please hang around, visit all the forums, and post where you like. Also post your own thread, by clicking on the upper left hand corner of your screen "new thread" so you get the proper welcome.

We're glad your here.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello Jan, going cold turkey can be uncomfortable and depending on how much and how long you have been drinking it can also be dangerous, some people have done it. i myself have tried many times but failed, i suggest you get honest with yourself and admit you have a problem, then i would consult a doctor, most doctors will help if you are sincere with them. Jan the problem is that alcoholism is a pogressive disease if you enjoy binge drinking now i guarantee that you will be drinking more and more as time goes on, better to stopit now before it grows out of control, i started with sipping glasses of wine and ended up drinking cheap 10$ BOXES of wine by myself passing out for days, Jan if you believe you can do this cold turkey, then do it, if not find the strenght to ask for help..... peace to you CALI
Old 06-25-2004, 08:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello everyone well this is day 8 for me, dragged myself to the 1st meeting in 20 years
i was an alkie at 21, never cared for AA still not crazy about it, but i did what i had to do. I spent the entire day cryiing, i cried at the meeting, i cried at home, i cants top the tears, i dont know whats wrong with me today/tonight, but thats it, i just wanted to share. peace CALI
Old 06-25-2004, 10:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Cali
Thanks for checking in, you are feeling your feelings instead of numbing them with alcohol. It will get better, glad you went to a meeting.
What is it about AA that you do not like?
Keep hanging out here and sharing with us.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((((((((Cali))))))))))

Let those tears flow, your body is going through such a change, lots of hurt and pain needs to get out, so LET IT OUT, get rid of all that yuck stuff out of you. It sorta wears a person out too, doesn't it? lordyyyy. I'm married to someone who sees no point in crying, imagine that, so I tell you that's so hard for me holding it back when it rushes in full force with me, it's really hard to control sometimes, and my age isn't helping, lol.

FANTASTIC 8 days fight with everything within you Cali, you're so worth it. Let this buggar know you've had it with it. I know it sings and dances and laughs when it knows what it's doing to us, something inside me tells me that, and I know you're like me, we're both tired of dancing with the DEVIL, because that's what it is.

Take care of yourself Cali, and I'm so happy you came back here. I have be honest, I'm not to crazy about AA either, I wish there was a womans group here, I'd feel more comfortable, never the less it's helping me to stay sober, plus SR has been a major factor also.

Wish I could take your pain away, it's awful what this does to us, heartbreaking.

You're doing it kiddo, so keep at it, I'm behind you holding you up, the more we fall the harder it is on us. I slipped last saturday and I still don't feel the best, but maybe I needed one more HARD lesson.

Sending love, extra hugs and prayers to you Cali.....Denise
Old 06-26-2004, 05:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST FOR TODAY

Cali welcome back. As you already know you will find that there are a lot of people who care and are willing to help, here at SoberRecovery. As you will find in time, there is a way out and you are not alone anymore. Your crying could be for many reasons. You are starting to allow yourself to feel emotions for one thing. But it could also be a grieving process. Don't forget, you just lost your best friend, alcohol. But, this is nothing that many of us haven't gone through ourselves. Hang in there, things do get better in time. I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless

Harry
Old 06-26-2004, 06:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi ((((Harry)))) wow I haven't seen your name around in some time. You were one of the first people who responded to the Don't Quit thread on one of my dark days, all those months ago. Thanks Harry, it's wonderful to see you're doing good.
Welcome back ((((( Denise ))))). It is a courageous thing you are doing, and I compliment you on your actions. I know, speaking for myself, I didn't get this the first time around, nor the second time around. Don't get me wrong, these are not revolving doors, and the door didn't always swing both ways for everybody. But picking yourself up, brushing yourself off and coming back is not always easy to do. So welcome back with open arms. Just do it for today. Keep coming, keep trudgin, and things will get better.

Harry