Notices

My Brain is Melted

Old 02-08-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Brain is Melted

While I've managed to not drink for 2 years at home, I've secretly been drinking (a lot) on business trips.

I finally broke down and told my partner, who is justifiably stunned / mad / sad and generally betrayed feeling.

I'm so ready to be sober worldwide, so thankful to have this all out in the open so I can seek the help I need, but that optimism is totally outweighed by the guilt that I've hurt the person I love the most. I've told him (and mean it) that I will do everything and anything to repair the damage and make things right, but I don't really know how to proceed.

Thanks for reading, and hello.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The very first thing to do is put down the bottle. Stay sober a day at a time. Take each day as it comes and don't drink that day.

It will take time to rebuild trust between you but it is possible to rebuild the trust.

I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Hi, you have found a good place to seek support. I am glad you want to make changes xxxx
Old 02-08-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Welcome to SR! Being honest is a great first step towards recovery. You will find so much help and support here.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Chapter2.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I appreciate it. I feel like I'm experiencing every possible emotion simultaneously—some good, some horrifying.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Chapter2

I think everything starts from you being sober today...everything else can spread from that

I'm glad you've found us

D
Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to what can be the start od a great life when we stop drinking. It will get far worse if we continue. The important thing we need to do is be honest with ourselves about OUR drinking. Next is to do something to stop drinking one day at a time, our main effort on not drinking today as it's a fact that if we don't drink today we won't have to get sober AGAIN.
there is a lot of help here and AA. I've done a good bit of traveling and it's GREAT at the end of the day go to a AA meeting just about every where and be among people who understand and support us. It's great not to isolate ourselves or be tempted if our day wasn't so great.

BE WELL
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. Honesty is the way forward. Trust can be rebuilt and will come. Lots of support here to help you along the way.