SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Successful evening with friends. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/322162-successful-evening-friends.html)

RJY9 02-07-2014 05:23 PM

Successful evening with friends.

I have had a brilliant night. My friends all drank lots of beer and vodka and mixers and I was absolutely fine with just having the Non alcoholic Becks. After a good few slices of pizza and other junk food we all just sat and chatted about old times and had a laugh. I explained to them exactly where I am right now with the drinking and they all offered to ditch there drinks but I said it was fine, which it was. Its funny and unbelievable that it didn't bother me at all and was one of the best evenings I've had in a long time. I just found 2 Beers that one of them left in the fridge and I opened them and poured them down the sink. All gone and out of site! I'm proud of myself right now and really looking forward to tomorrow's meeting at AA. :)

Dee74 02-07-2014 05:30 PM

I'm glad you had a good sober night RJY :)

D

least 02-07-2014 05:38 PM

I'm glad everything went well for you tonight. :)

nomis 02-07-2014 05:47 PM

Great to hear you're doing so well RJY9!

ScottFromWI 02-07-2014 06:08 PM

Glad things went well, hope you have a good meeting tomorrow as well

letustrythis123 02-07-2014 08:41 PM

Good for you. I'm glad some people can do it. I guess my friendships were all sorta superficial, even though they didn't feel like it. I can't sit in a room with a bunch of people partying. I just wouldn't have any fun and would want to be drinking and maybe would so these days I just avoid anyone who I think will be drinking which is just about everyone.

rove27 02-07-2014 08:47 PM

Wow, that is very inspiring to me. I am a newbie and that is my biggest fear....How to handle being with friends and not drink. So far I have avoided social gatherings, hope to get to that point where I will be ok without alcohol socially.

alexc1991 02-07-2014 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by RJY9 (Post 4457121)
I have had a brilliant night. My friends all drank lots of beer and vodka and mixers and I was absolutely fine with just having the Non alcoholic Becks. After a good few slices of pizza and other junk food we all just sat and chatted about old times and had a laugh. I explained to them exactly where I am right now with the drinking and they all offered to ditch there drinks but I said it was fine, which it was. Its funny and unbelievable that it didn't bother me at all and was one of the best evenings I've had in a long time. I just found 2 Beers that one of them left in the fridge and I opened them and poured them down the sink. All gone and out of site! I'm proud of myself right now and really looking forward to tomorrow's meeting at AA. :)

Sooooooo awesome! You know they're good friends when they offered to ditch their drinks for you. That's what being friends is all about, supporting one another. Glad you had fun. Just goes to show you don't need alcohol to have a good time.

kflee 02-07-2014 09:04 PM

That is so awesome. Way to go. That is me tomorrow night..hope it goes as well.

KateL 02-08-2014 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by RJY9 (Post 4457121)

You should be proud. Glad you had a great night xxxx