Notices

Dying from a heroin overdose is NOT a tragedy.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
totally disagree..but agree to disagree. Nothing good can come from blaming drug dealers or other societal factors in an overdose...nothing but a cluster f..

I know the powerless thing is a popular theory..but as far as I know it doesn't hold up in the court of law..drug dealers should be charged for selling or trafficking illegal narcotics..not murder,,attempted murder or anything else.
You misunderstand me, perhaps. I didn't talk about blame, and I didn't talk about powerlessness either. I'm talking about guilt, irony, and injustice.

Blame is an useless effort, and I agree leads to a cluster ****. As for what a dealer should be charged with I'm all for charging them with involuntary manslaughter no less. The familiar dance that happens as the dealer hands over the drugs and the addict hands over whatever (usually money, but not always - could be sex, possessions, status, power, influence, etc.) is itself an illegal exchange, and both sides are equally guilty and an offense to the law.

Legally, it is very difficult to prove a death by overdose is directly involved with a dealer, unless a dealer personally and with his own hands contributes directly to the death of the victim ie the dealer injects the drug directly into the victim. Be that as it may legally, justice has a different take on the whole drug deal, and surely no one here actually believes that our court legal system and are justice system are one and the same thing, lol. Last time I looked, Justice is wearing a blind-fold...