Notices

A big victory

Old 02-07-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A big victory

As I awoke on my 5th day of sobriety, I can celebrate a victory! I went to a concert last night with some of my old party buddies. I was anxious and a bit apprehensive, but live music is my passion and I had not seen this band in a couple years. I talked to a friend, who is in recovery and a fan of my favorite band, and she gave some great advice about exit strategies. I told my friends I would not be drinking because I had to drive home and they respected that and bought me a diet coke, I thought I was home free. Then I was down front watching the band when some random chick offered me the second whiskey she had in her hand, my mind went through a thousand thoughts in a millisecond. I respectfully declied as in those thoughts I saw the outcome and it was nothing but trouble. It felt so good to say no thank you and I ended up having so much fun! Seeing music sober is better than seeing music with a buzz. I took everything in and was in complete control of myself. I know that this was one small battle and there will be many more, but today I celebrate and I have this forum to thank for a big part of that. Thank you all so much! Day 5 is going to be a great day!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Jill what an awesome post. I'm so proud of you!

I took everything in and was in complete control of myself. I know that this was one small battle and there will be many more
Way to go!! That one small battle, one day, won't be a battle at all.

Keep doing what you're doing, you're doing a great job.

Congrats on day 5!!!

And yes, today is going to be a great day.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Great post, Jill! And no hangover today, either - well done!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Way to go!!!!

Just don't do what I used to do. I'd make it through a tough situation and then let my AV convince me I had done such a good job I deserved a treat.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice!
Can you post some of those exit strategies?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is Awesome! Great job Jill!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you didn't give in to temptation.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, head lump! I was a little sleepy because I was up til1 am, but still fresh as a daisy I was worried about that too, nonsensical, but I feel so good today, I really don't want to drink. I will reward my self with a nice dinner tonight and a funny movie. Bills, first off I drove myself so that I could leave at any time if I felt uncomfortable. I also have a young child at home so I could use the "my kid is not feeling well" excuse. I also had a plan of going to the bathroom and calling my friend or getting on the forum. But the one thing that made me know I was not going to drink last night was when I put my hand in my jacket pocket and found the heart shaped acorn my son gave me the other day and he told me he loved me more than anything. Love got me thru last night and it will again tonight. Peace and love to all of you

Last edited by Jill23; 02-07-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: misspelled words