Notices

Need help!!

Old 06-21-2004, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help!!

My name is Alli. I am a 31 year old mother of five who is a alcoholic and drug addict. I lost my kids about 7 years ago to my parents after the divorce from their father. I remained a user until three years ago when I married for the second time. The marriage lasted for 2 and a half years and I am recently divorced. I have the greatest guy in my life who understands where I am coming from and wants to help me. My problem is that I have no trust in anybody and always second guess his motives in everything that he does. I am pushing him away because I am afriad of being hurt again. I have started drinking again and lost what little hope I had. I need help.
Alli
Old 06-21-2004, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome Alli
Been quite a ride for you.
The many traumas you have endured are bound to have left you a little scared and rattled when it comes to other people trying to get close to you and help you. Hope keeps on existing even when we lose sight of it. That's the good news. The bad news is that drinking again is simply repeating a behavior that has brought you nothing but heartache in the first place. Trying to numb our feelings with booze and drugs is a signal that there's something wrong going on inside us. Are you addressing this in any way? Any kind of support system? Worst thing you can do right now is isolate yourself. How did you get sober when you did?
Talk to us.
I'm Dan. Pleased to meet you.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Alli and welcome to SR.
My name is Kellie (alkie)

"The bad news is that drinking again is simply repeating a behavior that has brought you nothing but heartache in the first place. Trying to numb our feelings with booze and drugs is a signal that there's something wrong going on inside us. Are you addressing this in any way? Any kind of support system? Worst thing you can do right now is isolate yourself. How did you get sober when you did?
Talk to us.-Dan"

I look forward to getting to know youa and I offer you my support.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Alli,

Welcome to SR. You've come to a great place for support and understanding. I'm Anna, an alcoholic, sober for a few years. I think everyone is afraid of being hurt and it's hard to trust again when you've been hurt. But, being hurt and finding forgiveness is a part of life. You say you've started drinking again and I wonder if you're afraid and it made me think of something. For most of my life I'd been living in fear and making choices based on fear. January 1, 2004 I resolved to step out of the dark and live in love and light. It hasn't been easy nor totally successful, but I'm aware of it now.

You can stop drinking today and move ahead with confidence. Hang around here and get to know us.

Love, Anna
Old 06-21-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face welcome !

My name is Trish and I am an alcoholic.For me I needed to adress my booze problem before I could figure anything else out.I use a support group as my method of recovery.AA has a number in the phone book you can call if you want for information about meetings .Why not give it a try ? I am pullin for you ! Prayers ^ You have found a great site with a great group of people here.