Notices

Day 3

Old 02-06-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Made it to 8am day 3 just now. Didn't sleep much at all last night ...felt like floating on a bed of anxiety all night, but made it through to the morning without any alcohol. Am scheduled to be at work today but have agonised about taking the day off or not. As its the week end tomorrow this will give me a total of 5 days sober before having to face the workplace, as i was already off the last 2 days - I was too physically sick to go in. Have finally decided to invest in myself today and not go in. A little nervous about it though. Normally a day off work to myself usually is an opportunity to drink alone at home - but have taken steps.... no alcohol in the house, and car keys hidden. I know if I can just get through today I will be stronger in few days to go back into the office and "face the music". will keep posted, drinking lots of milky tea seems to help and actually had the urge to eat some cereal this morning which is a novelty.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope that you are able to make it a productive day! I find that keeping my mind busy tends to keep me out of trouble. I am on day 6. I would usually drink for a few days, then not drink for a few days. Am going for a walk later with a friend, trying to find "healthy activities".

I also went to Publix and stocked up on green foods like spinach, sprouts, cucumbers and have been eating fresh veggie wraps. And made some delicious cabbage soup. Hoping that the more healthy things I include, the more I will want to stay clean.

Good luck to you my friend.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done, that's so inspiring and I'm glad you felt a bit hungry, that's a good sign xxxxx
Old 02-06-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

feeling horrible

thanks - will also plan a walk outside later this morning. I seem to be on an emotional roller coaster. Feeling very sad as I think I've been using alcohol and smoking and who only knows what else, in order to hide who I really am underneath it all as I've been too worried know body including me would like whats really there.......I feel so ashamed of myself and very tearful just now but I know it will pass. Maybe I'll take that walk right now.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there.
It does get better once you get over the hump.
Congrats on 3 days!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Slurner - there's a ton of support here

D