Notices

Day 3. Feel like crap

Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Totally understand. I'm almost 48 hours without a drink. I'm no Dr, but from what I have read, day 3 can be the worst. The alcohol is leaving your system and your brain receptors are mad at you for doing the right thing. Hang in there. I can't wait for these feelings to pass, either.. It's brutal.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My uncle was severely beaten all over his body, & mainly trauma to his head. This was 5 months ago. The doc's put him on life support and his sisters went to be with him while he died. He got a touch better, then they said he'd never talk or walk. Then he got a little better and they said he'd never have a job or drive. Out of nowhere, and a bit slowly, he began to quickly get better. He has been home for two months, back to work, drives, and if virtually his old self. I have a client, a nurse, who said the brain is an amazing thing. I believe it is the same way with the liver. It has a way of getting healthy when you let it.

Hang in there!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My worst night was by far day 1. It was miserable. BUT WORTH IT! I slept as much as I could to not have to feel the anxiety.

For what it's worth, Gatorade helped me a lot just like what sissy said.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ive always noticed that during a detox...i get wayyy over anxious about anything that that involes a calculating thought process. Even down to trying to call and pay a bill would spike my already anxiety ridden state of mind. See a doctor...but try to stay away from anything complex.