Notices

So there was a picture after all: awful

Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So there was a picture after all: awful

We've been talking lots about how our faces looked when we were drinking. In a rare moment, I decided to get a holiday picture taken with my family. I avoid the camera religiously, but I've also had that experience where I see old pics that I hated at that time and then thought I looked good.

So I forced myself. ON a lot of threads people mention the red bloated face. I knew I had the bloat, but it was also from weight gain. Now I have evidence. I just found the picture in a bag. Yes-there's the pics. Jowled cheeks, red facial 'glow' and puffed up like crazy. What a difference a month makes.

I look so unattractive. That in itself is enough to stay quit.

care to share?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After being super fit, I started drinking alcoholically for 10 years.
I avoided pictures for years because I felt like a female Elvis, all bloated.
It has been a month for me as well, and I can already see a big difference. On the rare pictures I have my face and neck was bloated beyond belief as well as my fingers and hands. Since I quit I have lost 10 pounds in a month!
Alcohol is a poison for sure!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The red face was the worst everyone asking me why is your face so red made me miserable. Sober for 16 days now and been going to the gym = no red face
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm pretty pale and incline toward pinkish-ness if that makes any sense. So it wasn't horribly noticeable. It was horrible but I don't think it stood out. I almost wish it did so I would have quit sooner. There's also one from about the exact same time at the end of 2012. I was meeting up with some old friends and I couldn't exactly say no when they were asking me to take a picture. Now that was awful. I'd say it was even worse than the one this Christmas. I think I was drinking a little less. Although who the hell knows. it's hard to keep track with all the drinking.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I found a picture of me on my husbands phone taken about a year ago. I was in the midst of a nightly red wine binge drinking session and look to be trying to stack the dishwasher. I have no recollection of this picture being taken and I look truly disgusting. My eyes are all red and piggish and I have a dark purple ring around my mouth and that horrible, puffy, sweaty, bright red face. What struck me though is how much I look like my father who also looked terrible all the time due to drinking gallons of beer. 3 months in I haven't really lost weight but my whole face shape has changed and my rings are too big. Alcohol really is disgusting poison.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've got a picture at my sisters wedding. I have a beer in one hand and a drink in the other. Sad.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My pic o' shame is my wedding picture from 22 years (and 60 pounds) ago. I looked really good. I'd like to see that guy in my mirror again. I always feel embarrassed when I see those pics. How did I let it get this bad?
Old 02-05-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Booze cheeks,on my face and buttisimo, round soft squishy, ugh!
HTN and menopause, 8-10 glasses of wine every night, makes a sad fat picture.
its amazing what stopping does for physical looks, sleep quality and my mental outlook.
i hate those pictures too, but force myself to look at them....keeps me from bad thoughts when i see what was.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

I stopped poisonong myself ovrr two years ago. My ID, passport and drivers lisence
Show the puffy me. My eife says my " biological age" must now be younger, everything is better, bit it takes a while
Old 02-05-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The good news is our health should only get better with sobriety.