Notices

End of Night Five

Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of Night Five

So today's the end of night 5. I just thought I would check in since it's been a couple days. I've been crazy busy with the new job and everything which helps at times (and at times it's maddening of course).

I've been kind of depressed lately. Not about failing and picking up last week as I'm over all that, but I just kind of feel blah. There's not really a reason that I can come up with...

I had to go to the dentist today, and they told me my mouth was wrecked from years of having that 18% wine or rum and coke hitting your mouth every night. (they said sugar caused it, but that's the only sugar I drank. ) That's further compounded by the fact I'd pass out and not brush my teeth.

It's funny that the effects of booze on your teeth don't make it on here. It's actually going to cost me like $2,000 to get teeth fixed which is substantial.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Glad to hear it

Hey Justin,

Congratulations on making it this far. Sorry to hear about your teeth but they can be fixed. Use that info as another tool to maintain your sobriety and definitely not another reason to drink.

Pretty soon you will have a week behind you! Keep it up!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

same on the wine and crashing into bed... the whole sugar thing...

i bought a sonicare - seems to work great for me.

you're doing great! we're within a day or two of each other now. same, started in january and messed up (my seahawks!!!).
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five days. That's the worst of the w/d behind you. Now you can concentrate on the business of staying sober.