Notices

please delete my acount

Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear nothings got better.

If you don't want to post anymore Dave, you can just walk away.
That way if you change your mind, the accounts still here

If you're determined tho you need to send a PM to 'Anna'.

Only administrators can close accounts - keep in mind we only close accounts tho - we do not delete posts or threads.

D
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Teardrop are you doing okay? Please don't give up on sobriety, there can be peace. Please let us know you are okay.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good luck pal
Old 02-06-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

You dont have to make any decisions regarding your sobriety right now. When your ready, you will either quit drinking or your wont. You know when your ready.

Drinking alcohol makes us relax, feel unburdened, numb blah blah, I have heard it all before and to some extent in the early years its true. However heres the important bit, it takes more alcohol to get these feelings until, your body will not respond.

The drink stops doing what it should, then your just drinking to be sick and give yourself a hangover which take it from me, it aint any kind of fun.

Next your organs stop working, my Thyroid no longer produces enough thyroxine to keep me alive, if I stopped taking my medication now, or drank which nullifies the medication, this time next week, you would be reading my obituary.

No one is judging you, when your ready to give up, try making a few posts just to see how you feel.

If your having suicidal thoughts then help is available from emergency services, thats where we cant help you. Its not that we dont care, we do. We just cannot offer you the one-2-one help needed when suicidal thoughts become suicidal actions.

Keep with it and stay strong, one day you could be drink free and escape the prision, you seem locked in for now.

Good luck
Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good post, autan.

Teardrop, I think you probably know that setting a schedule to get trashed a few nights a week and spending the off-nights with your wife is a schedule that is doomed for failure. I've tried to set up schedules like that so many times, but it always ends with an avalanche. As far as mental issues like OCD go... I had severe Adult ADHD when I was a raging drunk, but after I quit I have found out that it was really just the alcohol that gave me the symptoms... possibly it is that way with you as well? Alcohol is something that causes symptoms that we tend to mistakenly place blame in other areas.. i.e. alcohol makes us depressed so we think we have depression and get an anti-depressant SSRT medication... alcohol gives us anxiety so we get the doctor to prescribe us an anti-anxiety medication like adavan or something like that... alcohol gave me symptoms of ADHD so I was on ADHD medication (concerta and vyanse) for a few months... the list goes on and on. What I didn't realize was when I stopped drinking, my mental health improved substantially, and I am no longer on any meds. I'm not saying it is definitely true in your OCD situation, but it literally could not hurt to test it out.