SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'd like to share it with you (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/321720-id-like-share-you.html)

ElijahNoahColt 02-03-2014 11:45 PM

I'd like to share it with you

Hey guys, just popping by :)

Today is the 4th of Feb and it's 7:39am. I haven't slept but I've just been awake because I'm pretty excited, it's been 2 months since I last had a drink.

I previously gave all my money to my parents so I wouldn't buy alcohol but I've since taken it all back and I've not bought anything but flavoured water.

I started smoking again, which is something I'm working on but other than that everything is going pretty well.

All my medications for conditions I didn't really address in my drinking days are all working as expected and I finally get up in the mornings. I just feel like I've got a really different outlook on life now, I value completely different things now. I'm quite young and I really like the idea of going through the rest of my life with this new sense of self that I have. I treat people with a lot more respect and I really value the people that have stuck by me. We all go through troubles and they're not always apparent to someone on the outside looking in.

I have a really good relationship with my parents now and I tell them how much I appreciate them everyday. It's really good to wake up in a house full of people that are genuinely happy to see me in such good spirits.

Anyway guys, I really hope you had a wonderful Christmas, New Year and I hope you enjoyed the superbowl along with any other holidays/events I might have missed. I think the support you give people on this website is so inspiring and I only wish the world was full of people like you all. I know this post is a bit soppy but I can't help it, I'm in such a good mood even despite not having any sleep.

Have a wonderful day guys, make the most of it and to those of you still struggling, just know that you'll always have someone here to help!

~ENC

Dee74 02-04-2014 12:20 AM

Congratulations ENC :)

D

MythOfSisyphus 02-04-2014 01:11 AM

That's great news!

Louise82 02-04-2014 01:16 AM

Oh well done on 2 months sober ENC! Nothing beats the excitement of reaching a sober milestone. :)

My Christmas and New Year were okay. It was my first sober holidays since I was kid so it was different, but good. How were your holidays?

I didn't watch the superbowl because of the time difference over here. Who were you rooting for?

You have a wonderful day too!

Notimetoloose 02-04-2014 02:36 AM

Congratulations. I like myself sober as well. I do OK sober. As a drinker not so good.

ElijahNoahColt 02-04-2014 09:27 AM

I had a really good holiday :D I didn't watch the superbowl either (UK resident) but a lot of my friends did and they really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the warm words

~ENC

KateL 02-04-2014 10:05 AM

Many congratulations on 2 months xxxxx

anchorbird 02-04-2014 10:07 AM

I am so happy for you!!!!

hayley86 02-04-2014 10:14 AM

Congratulations on 2 months! That's great. :)

HeadLump 02-04-2014 12:52 PM

Lovely post, ENC, and way to go on two months! :c007:

PurpleKnight 02-04-2014 12:56 PM

Great stuff!! :You_Rock_