Notices

What/Who caused you become an alcoholic?

Old 02-06-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dogged14 View Post
Boredom and an easy way out of dealing with my anxiety/social problems. Rather than work on my problems I drank. The more frequently I drank the more frequently I found myself bored and anxious. So I did what any moron would do and drank more because obviously the alcohol was helping even though the reasons I drank were getting worse.

Basically I drank to solve personal problems because drinking was easier than actually working on myself and like an idiot continued to drink more to solve problems that alcohol was actually contributing to.
Funny that is exactly how I see myself and drinking too.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I posted a copy of JJamie on his/her behalf. kkkkkkk

Originally Posted by JJamie View Post
I ment to hit preview then it posts then it sais log in when I was logged in... then no edit button

Did you read what its telling us ? Sleeping and waking up "on time" is a great big scam ! Yes the "On time" scam.

I posted this link cause the sleeping "on time" scam caused me to drink to put myself to sleep and then become addicted to XANAX , that horrible addictive drug did for a wile give me the ability to sleep and then wake up "on time". It was great at first before dependence and addiction caught up.

One thing that keeps me sober is I respect my "sleep disability" and won't take a job that requires early wake ups and "on time" sleeps.

BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep
Old 02-07-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It. Me.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Determining the why how who or where you are pretty much starts with you. Or as I say me myself and I. There are plenty of self destructive behaviors out there and within ones self developed over time I think that we can all latch onto when we feel we have no ability to control or deal with a situation person life event what have you. Like most people out there life is full of ups downs and boredom nothing. You have to decide how to manage that. Kudos on speaking with your Mom GB and not drinking 20 beers and recognizing this is one of your triggers. You do have a choice to not answer the phone if that is a trigger, not go to a barbeque because you're bored and that is a trigger and not watch TV if beer ads are a trigger. I do not believe in many of the tenants of AA but do believe God gave us free will. If one accepts the fact that they have no power over alcohol then the person has made that decision of their own free will and I believe through their own self discovery in life and/or recovery. It is hard to look at yourself and realize there are things events people who may have shaped your life and how you react to them. Often its not pretty and you find things you don't like about yourself. Its easy to blame someone or something for this. I have done this over and over again. It, life is a process. As is a reoccurring theme here continuing on the road to life and recovery from addiction, self destructive behaviors, reactionary behaviors, and knowing ones self takes time. It is filled with joy boredom anger. . .a plethora of emotions to embody and understand. I rarely post here but your post about your mother are familiar issues to me. As others have posted many people go through abusive relationships dysfunctional family issues dealth chronic pain,etc.. Not all people manage life by drinking taking drugs or other unhealthy behaviors. I guess you need to learn to love yourself the good bad and indifferent and accept what is. And here I do agree with AA grant me the serenity to change what I can and accept what I can't . . .and to know the difference. May you have luck on your path to self discovery as I think it will lead to recovery in many areas of your life.