SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   It is now or never. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/321685-now-never.html)

Albinorhino 02-03-2014 03:26 PM

It is now or never.

Hello all, I am very new to this, I have used this site in the past to read posts from other alcoholics but I have never posted myself or taken part in anything related to the site. I have tried this so many times before (mostly alone every single time) went to AA once but did not feel comfortable there, I will probably try another one sometime. I am currently on day 2 of sobriety, which seems short but going longer than a day has been few and far between and usually only when I am too sick from drinking to drink.

This past 6 years started out as the best with drinking as it made me feel wonderful but has quickly gone downhill, I do not want to live this way anymore and have never had 0% control over something in my life like this, scares me to know it will be the death of me unless I do something about it, so I will just keep trying hoping it will eventually work, I met a few new ppl in chat and hope to meet many more of you I am excited to have some ppl to relate with for once it is something I have never experienced in real life. Please help me find my way out of this mess as I cannot do it alone.

:gaah

least 02-03-2014 03:32 PM

Welcome!

You've come to an awesome place for support. Read and post when you might have the urge to drink. We are here to help you in your recovery. :hug:

Hevyn 02-03-2014 03:34 PM

Welcome AR! :)

We're very glad you decided to post. I was completely hopeless when I joined SR - but as soon as I started to post the anxiety lessened. I knew I was among friends who cared & that made all the difference. I found the courage to change my life and you will too.

silentrun 02-03-2014 03:40 PM

Welcome Albinorhino. I remember that now or never feeling well.

KateL 02-03-2014 03:44 PM

Welcome and congrats on day 2 xxxx

Petecrab 02-03-2014 03:53 PM

Welcome!

Impurrfect 02-03-2014 04:24 PM

Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Dee74 02-03-2014 04:36 PM

Welcome to SR albiunorhino - I'll have to try and resist reading out your posts in Moss' voice :)

The support I found here really helped me, I know it will help you too :)

D

Shamrocks 02-03-2014 04:39 PM

Welcome! You most certainly CAN do this!

keithurbanfan 02-03-2014 05:32 PM

Welcome! I'm also on day 2. :)

Tamerua 02-03-2014 05:42 PM

Love your avatar! And welcome!

RevivingOphelia 02-03-2014 05:46 PM

Welcome! :)

Albinorhino 02-03-2014 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4448678)
Welcome to SR albiunorhino - I'll have to try and resist reading out your posts in Moss' voice :)

The support I found here really helped me, I know it will help you too :)

D

Haha hey that makes it more fun, although I couldn't imagine Moss drinking anything but his milk. Nice to see some fellow IT Crowd fans, thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome, I already love it here.

soberlicious 02-03-2014 06:15 PM

Hey albino! Glad you're here! Yes, you can do this. As you know, being addicted is not living. It's just surviving. It's exhausting. The good news is that you can make the changes needed to live your life the way you want to live it. Time to start living!!

MamaGoat 02-03-2014 06:17 PM

Welcome and congrats on 2 days. Anything different is going to feel uncomfortable at first. I suggest you get to as many AA meetings as you can. Find the ones that feel the best to you and keep going back to those. In no time you will figure out that there are people just like you and not judgmental and welcoming. Read the Big Book..the solution is there. Do the steps and develop a relationship with your Higher Power. Look out for self pity and resentments. Those will take you down fast! I wish you all the best! And if you are in the south western part of Iowa I know of a couple of GREAT meetings. (((hugs))))

Albinorhino 03-15-2014 07:09 PM

Just an update, I am on day 42 (I think lol) and still going strong, I cant believe I have made it this far it is the best I have done since I started drinking years ago and I feel like I have even more control of my sobriety now than I did the first week. I started seeing a therapist and I am feeling much better inside and in a much better mood towards everyone. I cant wait to see what life has in store for me in the future.

SeaScape 03-15-2014 11:28 PM

Congratulations! Its great to hear things are going well and you are doing it! Great positive energy in your post...thanks for sharing.